See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I would give it negative points if I could. We checked in. Lady at front desk redefined grumpy. Room was smaller than most closets. No AC. Stuffy and smell of a dead body. Asked if we could just cancel. She said no cancellation. Ran the credit card and said to leave the property immediately. Do not park here and don't come back, she says. You would think this review sounds like either I was argumentative or you want to dismiss. But don't. The hotel is bad. I was very nice through the short engagement.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Really nice hotel, close to the main station. The stuff have been helpfull all the time, tasty and delicious breakfast, clean room. Nice surprise was that there were drinks (water, coke) at the reception desk avaiable for guests.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2017

It could be good for drivers - I picked it for the parking spots out the front and the easy access from main roads. It’s a short walk to the waterfront but then an additional kilometre along the waterfront to the zeppelin museum. The entrance is around the back and has a fixed sign saying that they’re not in and you have to call, but they’re probably in (wave through the window).

My room (cheapest category) was sub-Japanese in size with a single bed wedged under the window. The bathroom was small but actually quite functional. Free wifi was excellent. The TV accepted USB drives. Breakfast was a pretty good selection - I'm sure I was told it was was €9 extra but they might have included it in my price. Smoke from the balcony rooms was a problem for me as was noise, with the internal stairs very creaky, guests going up and down the external stairs early in the morning, and the hotel being right under the flight path, with planes starting at 6am.

If this were actually a cheap hotel, I might be impressed, but it was one of the more expensive hotels I stayed at in Germany. Maybe there’s something wrong with Friedrichshafen that makes it a very expensive town (I can’t think why, it’s a bit of a hole, but maybe it's a popular tourist trap), so check prices carefully against full-size alternatives before choosing.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2015

We stayed here for one night during a cycling trip. The hotel is clean and close to the main street. The rooms were ok with small bathrooms. Breakfast was good. The service was very good with friendly reception and complimentary water. The reception is not always open.

Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank salvadors691
Reviewed 13 September 2015

We stayed in the Central Hotel Friedrichshafen last week for 3 nights. It was very well located close to the town center, and the waterside promenade, maybe a 5 minute walk. The staff was friendly, and it was obvious that the hotel had undergone some recent renovations (there were still some unpainted walls upstairs). While modern and clean, with nice fixtures in the bath and room, my room was very small. Barely room for a chair, there was little place for my luggage, and no closet for hanging riding gear. The shower was so small, the shower curtain stuck to your back, which was very annoying. I did look at some of the other rooms when they were emptied of previous guests, and some were bigger with a balcony, but several were as small as mine. WiFi was free, but very inconsistent.The cost for a single room for 1 night was 85 Euros, which did not include breakfast (another 9 Euros). The price for 1 night might have been fine with the inclusion of breakfast, due to the location and still being during holiday season, but I think I would stay elsewhere knowing what I know now. A nice hotel, but look at your room first before agreeing to stay.

Room tip: Look at the room first to make sure the size is acceptable.
Date of stay: September 2015