See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

This has to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed In.
The location is perfect for exploring the beautiful city of Bamberg.
After eventually finding someone in the adjoining Italian Restaurant to check us in we made our way to our room. It was very dated although we had everything we needed and it was very clean.
After 3 days of our room not being cleaned I went and asked for clean towels and toilet rolls, I was met by the most rude arrogant woman that I've ever met shouting at me that rooms are cleaned between 10 and 10.30 daily. I asked why our room hadn't been cleaned and she shouted that the cleaner had knocked each morning at 10 but couldn't get an answer. That's because we go out for breakfast at 08.30, was then told we should have told reception we were going out? Would not recommend this hotel but would most definitely recommend staying in Bamberg, beautiful and friendly place, I would highly recommend Zeus Restaurant in the little square by the water fountain.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandy w
Reviewed 7 December 2016

We stayed at Casa Italia for two nights on a spontaneous trip to Bamberg. We had lunch at the restaurant, which was very nice and the pizza was amazing! We noticed they had a hotel as well, so we decided to ask if they had some space left and they offered us something right away!

The staff was very kind and helpful, and the check was very easy and quick.
The room was very nice, clean and cozy! But it was very cold inside, since the heater was turned off. Also, it took a long time to warm up inside. Nevertheless, we where very happy about the whole room, since it was big enough and quiet.
Since we paid for a stay with breakfast included, we were told the restaurant did not served anything until midday and we would get some vouchers at the reception in order to go to a coffe house near the hotel and have breakfast there.

Nevertheless, nobody was at the reception on the next morning. We called and nobody answered the phone, we knock the kitchen´s door, but nobody was there. We waited for about 15 minutes and nobody showed up... even though there was a poster hanging on the wall saying receptions hours started at 7 o´clock. So we decided to go for breakfast without the vouchers. The staff at the coffe house where very kind and let us have some breakfast with the promise of bringing the vouchers the next morning.

Aside from the long waiting at the reception to get our breakfast vouchers, the staff and hotel was very fine. The location is very beautiful since it´s in the center of Bamberg. I would definitely come back to Casa Italia!

Room Tip: zentrale Lage, gutes essen, nettes personal
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Casa Italia for 4 nights in June. We were visiting Friends in Bamberg. The hotel is very Central and the perfect location for exploring this beautiful City. We were within walking distance of all this lovely place has to offer. Check In was very fast once we had found somebody in the adjoining restaurant. Our room was very nice if not a little dated but all very clean and comfortable. On the 3rd day of our stay I had to go and ask for toilet paper and clean towels as nobody had been near our room to clean since we had arrived. The Lady I spoke to was very abrupt and informed me that rooms were cleaned between 10 and 10.30 each morning, well we had been out each morning getting breakfast so not sure why our room was never cleaned? The impression we got was the Management are more interested in the Restaurant than the hotel. Also all signs throughout the hotel are in German so we found getting information impossible. I would not visit this hotel again as I have never been made to feel so unwelcome in a hotel. I would most definitely visit Bamberg again as it's such a beautiful place and everywhere we visited the people were very friendly. There are lots of lovely Restaurants around and we particularly liked the Poseidon Greek Restaurant and another Restaurant called Zeis which was next to the fountain, the Prawns were some of the best I've ever had. Also some very nice clothes shops around if you fancy a little wonder around.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2015

A one night stay during a bike trip, a decent room but some issues wrt to the standard on the rooms. The light bulb in the corridor outside the room made it difficult to find the room. A window in the room had a note in german that indicated that the hinges was gone on the window and should not be operated. Wifi was not readily available.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2015

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, comfortable hotel room from which to explore Bamberg, this one is great. Walking distance to sites and Breweries. We stayed two nights and wished we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back of the hotel - a very quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple