“Quality and simplicity in a nice location”
Review of Kachelofen

Kachelofen
Ranked #4 of 245 Restaurants in Bamberg
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic atmosphere-feel, sit with the locals and enjoy really good German food -"get to the point" waitresses. Trout was excellent, juicy pork meat with sides of sauerkraut & boiled potatos, the apple dessert (local speciality) was fantastic - crispy baked slices - YUM. Very affordable for the 4 of us, 3 course dinner with a round of smoked beer & local white wine with main course @ Euro 22/pp.
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely german style lunch at a very fair price. We loved the vegetable pie and the sausages with potatoes salad, and for drink the mandatory steamed beer (which is not great to me but is a must-try).
The terrace is one of the main pedestrian streets is perfectly located and fresh.
A very satisfying choice!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

The food was great. I had the ham hock, my wife had the salad and the kids had the chicken snacks. Food was great, but like many typical German restaurants, you better carry cash. The ATM is a little further away.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

The location is very good. We had the schnitzel which was good. Other guests food looked very nice and wellprepared too. Service is very good. If we visit Bamberg again , we will do dinner at this place again.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

One of our teachers recommended this place for a meal, and one of the teachers also worked here in the past, and thought it was a good place to get a meal. I went here with my spouse and some friends from England visiting us. They have a menu in English, which made their lives easier. The variety of choices at this restaurant is great! I ordered the Asparagus with 6 Nurnberger sausages (wurste), and it was good, hot and just the right amount. Their wurst tastes good, and is similar in taste to one other place where I had them. My spouse had their Leberwurst, which was as good as that which we cooked at home from our local butcher. The friends had a Radler, which they enjoyed, and one had the Nurnberger Wurst with sauerkraut, which he thot was very good, while the other had the Asparagus with potatoes, and was very full. We all enjoyed our stay there, eating and relaxing in the warm summer weather under a sun umbrella, and the server spoke very good English and was pleasant. There were some tourists there, but then it was on the way to the Dom, so easy to see. However, there were lots of locals there on other days, so with good food, reasonable prices and nice waiters, I can recommend it.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I was in this restaurant with some friends: if you like the German food, this is the right place to test the typical Franconian food.
Enjoy