“Excellent tandoori chicken, special atmosphere”
Review of Sitara

Sitara
Ranked #71 of 294 Restaurants in Konstanz
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

The food is excellent, I had a tandoori chicken on my last visit. Though I ordered it spicy, it was verx mild, so I guess it is spicy in "German" terms, not Indian.
The waiters were polite and attentive at first, in the second half of our visit they were busy in the kitchen (to be fair, it was a very quiet evening). We did not have the opportunity to order a dessert.
The restaurant is situated in the city center, a very convenient walk from the lake. As it is in an old frame house, the combination of the Indian decoration in a traditional German room is a bit odd. But if you like dark wood, you willprobably find the combination interesting.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Sitara has a great reputation amongst locals and regulars to the Konstanz area, having been in business serving up authentic Indian food for well over 13 years. It normally has a queue outside on weekends due to its popularity, so its best to book in advance if you are planning to go on a date or something. Although due to its popularity, some people have complained that you get rushed through your dinner somewhat and presented with your bill so that they can seat the next budding diners outside waiting in the queue. Apart from that the food is great and really tasty, especially the naan bread! One of the Konstanz must do curry house visits.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

The Sitara is arguably one of the best curry houses in Kontanz.The food is tasty, the service is excellent, and the general atmosphere and ambience of the restaurant is great for taking your partner out on a nice romantic date, although if you are going to do that try to tame down on the garlic dishes! This restaurant was even named as one of the top 10 curry houses in Konstanz . Be sure to check out the Chicken Tandoori, fish pakora Haryali Chicken, crispy duck, sitara starter the latter of which is a Sitara special.I recommend it highly.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I am a firm beliver that good food is food for soul. I am a straving soul when it come to delicious food.I have tried so many restaurants for my love of Indian food.But trust me when I came to SITARA my expectations were not that great because I dont usually get good Indian food in Germany. But to my amusement when I entered the place, to when i got out, it was a opinion changer.They have me on there fan list now.I highly recommend anyone who wishes to have authentic delicious food.SITARA is the place to be.Do try there butter chicken, rogan josh and vindaloo if you love spicy.Prices are worth.Good luck and great going team sitara.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I was born a punjabi so you can well imagine my love for indian food.I was on a holiday to europe early this month.I went to so many places like spain, portugal, vienna, germany.So my trip was about to end with not so great experience about indian food.My last days i was living in konstanz and searching for nice indian bite and i land up here in sitara.For the first it felt i was in a great looking place that would be a authentic indian.Then i tried some food from them.And let me tell you it was a out of world exprienece.I tried lamb curry,mango chicken, dal makhani and also there starters were amazing.A must try is there mango lassi.I highly recommend you the place if you are looking for a nice meal and worth of your money.