“Highly recommended”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 155

Lounge with Fire
Lounge looking towards French Window
Double Bedroom
Outside of Chalet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

fortyfor4...
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

The chalet is amazing. We had an unforgetable time there. It provides all the amenities someone can ask. The landlord is polite and helpfull. Excellent communication. It is located next to wonderful beaches. We want to go back soon. Thank you Ivonne!!!

Liked best: peaceful location
Liked least: the weather, haha
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
l00py79
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“clean and tidy and a good location”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

The chalet was small but clean and tidy just enough for my little family (2 adults and a toddler). In a good location within a drive (5 mins) of St Merrin (handy little village) with a choice of a number of beaches within driving distance. Unfortunately there were no instructions for the oven and so in trying to establish through text any reason we couldn't get the ovens working (hob worked) someone was sent out and we were charged for this from our deposit without being informed this would be the case. Tip: press a few of the buttons! This was despite some inconvenience that the lock broke on the chalet so we couldn't lock our valuables up during the day - thankfully could do so from inside so I could sleep at night with our 2yr old safe in the other room. Although this was fixed on our last day I unfortunately broke the plastic toilet seat while cleaning and got charged for this also. So while was nice, it cost me an extra £30 from my deposit despite inconvenience to me - I thought this could have been taken into account but sadly not. There are nicer looking chalets on the park but you would pay a little more.

Liked best: value
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
7 Oct 2015
I'm really sorry you were unhappy about being charged for damaging the toilet seat and for some one to come out to show you how to use the cooker. I had to pay for some one to come out to the cooker and to replace the seat. I charged as little as possible with a small loss to myself.
jane A
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Loved this cosy chalet, have already booked for next year!”
Reviewed 7 March 2015 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Myself and my husband, 5 year old and grandma stayed at this delightful chalet in October 2014. Although the site itself was very quiet at this time of year, it was central to all the beaches and attractions we were interested in, especially the lovely fishing village of Padstow. The pictures on here dont do chalet 155 justice, it was warm, prettily furnished, well kitted out for 4 people and just what we were hoping for. we were concerned that it may be a little small for 4 of us, at it only has 2 bedrooms, but we had plenty of room, a dining table that seated 4, and rather than feeling small it was warm and cosy and felt like a little home from home. We havnt stayed in any of the other chalets, but as we loved this one one so much, and the rates are so reasonable, it seemed silly to book anywhere else for this years holiday! We booked through facebook, and the owner, Yvonne, couldnt be more helpful and accomodating, and even provided towels and bedding for us which she usually doesnt do, as she knew we were travelling with a small child and an elderly lady.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: cleanliness and decor
Liked least: leaving!
npage2015
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great family holiday”
Reviewed 2 March 2015 for a stay in August 2014

I have just booked my August 2015 holiday to stay here again this year. Having stayed here two years previous I was shocked to read a negative review from the last person who has left feedback. We can't wait to return to the chalet this year. It ticks all the boxes for a good value family holiday. We love to visit the nearby Cornish Arms Pub ( owned by Rick Stein). Crabbing in Padstotw harbour for hours, with a pasty in hand. After a fun filled day out and about in Cornwall a nice cosy bed awaits you at this chalet , a cosy night in watching Tv after watching our little girl running around the chalet park. All amenities cooker, fridge, toast, microwave, A lovely family get away.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
keith w
carmarthen
“DO NOT BOOK THIS CHALET!!”
Reviewed 19 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We have stayed in various holiday chalets/caravans/lodges etc. but this chalet was AWFUL! 1.The shower room had a light that was not suitable for a bathroom, as in it was dangerous! (DID NOT COMPLY WITH ELECTRICAL REGULATIONS) You could touch the GU10 bulbs easily whilst in the shower! (Hot bulbs and water don't go well together) 2. I checked smoke alarm... it did not work! I took alarm off wall and found there was no battery fitted!!! 3. There was NO water flowing out of hot tap to the bathroom sink at all! 4. The bathroom sink was so loose and hanging off the wall, you could not leave liquid soap container on there, it just slid off!! 5. There was a DVD player in the chalet but it was on a shelf on the other side of the room with the wires wrapped around it! If you wanted to watch a DVD then you would have needed to work out how to connect into TV etc. and find somewhere to put it near to the TV! 6. On arrival we found the double bed had a blood stained sheet on it and the settee had bread crumbs over it, which must have been left there by the previous occupiers! Presumably it was the cleaners week off! 7. In the cupboard there were wires joined with an electrical block connector that is against all electrical regulations (UNSAFE DUE TO EXPOSED CONNECTIONS) I text the owner whilst there but she apparently did not receive our texts! I emailed the owner on our return and she said that she couldn't do anything about it unless she was informed!. No apologies about the lack of cleanliness or the safety aspects of the chalet, but the owner did say that the chalet represented "VERY good value for money"!! So if you want to stay in a chalet where PEOPLES LIVES ARE AT RISK then have this one! I think hot running water and knowing you won't get electrocuted or burned down (smoke alarm!) is not too much to ask of anyone letting out their property for holidays! I emailed again advising of the 'HAZARDS' within the chalet quoting electrical regulations etc. hoping she would acknowledge and rectify these problems for the health and safety of future holiday makers, but I am still awaiting a reply! Apart from all of these issues, we enjoyed our stay in St Merryn, albeit carefully!! PS. One good point....the bed was very comfortable.

Liked best: St Merryn
Liked least: The chalets safety and lack of cleanliness!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
2 Mar 2015
I did reply when I eventually got your message and have apologised. The chalet has been checked since your stay and is perfectly save. You would have to be very tall to touch the light in the bathroom and why would you want to.The marks on the sheet were nail polish and the people before left it behind and I have apologised for this due to having some one clean I don't usually have and will not have again. Also the loose sink has been fixed, there again the cleaner who filled in while my usual one was sick did not let me know.Any way it could not have been that dangerous or you would not have stayed all week!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing