Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Kryal Castle
from US$ 27.81
More Info
All reviews pony rides medieval times theme park great family day lots of fun torture chamber murder mystery night knights jousting sword wizard maze actors dungeon ballarat horses weapons
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

Not overly impressed. Wouldn’t return.
Staff are pretty ordinary with their service and the place could do with a reno.
Knight in armour performance isn’t untill 7pm and only goes for 10-15mins and when there are only very minimal people left in grounds.
The whole entry process was pretty slow aswell even with prepaid tickets.

1  Thank janebF5347CF
Reviewed 17 January 2021

I never would have expected a playful thing in this place is dangerous to kids. This cage might be the first thing you would notice after coming out from the reception building. My older kid went into the cage and asked his brother to close the door, without realising his fingers are actually between the door and the cage steel bar. You know what happened next. My kid’s fingers are jammed and he screamed desperately. I quickly opened the door and found two deep dents on his fingers. I went to reception and the manager helped my kid with ice bag. Thankfully no harm to his finger bone. I then checked the cage, the gap in the picture can fit adult’s finger when door is open but when closed it went down to 5mm which could snap anything. I should thank to god that my younger kid didn’t slam the door otherwise I would regret for the rest of my life for taking him here.

Everything in this place is supposed to
be safe and kids friendly. This cage has potential risk and should be fixed RIGHT AWAY. Funny thing is that the manager told me 4 years ago an adult got fingers jammed the same way as my kid. Four years nothing has been done, no even a sign to warn people. Very disappointed.

Please do something before it’s too late.

Reviewed 10 January 2021

All shows were organised so well even with Covid restrictions. We managed to see all the shows and the children were delighted. The shows were well spaced and announced over the loud speaker so we didn't miss anything. All very clean and tidy. Loved the whole day at the castle.

1  Thank colleencanberra
Reviewed 31 December 2020

We bought a Groupon deal for 2 nights for the family.

All in all, I thought the experience was lovely. It is an old establishment from the 70s so don't expect anything modern. As we are now in covid times, the number of people at the park meant it wasnt overcrowded and you dont have to line up for long to visit the different parts of the castle, do archery, watch shows etc..

Rooms are clean and comfortable and I enjoyed our breakfast that was included in our Groupon deal. You get a $12 voucher per paying person in the room that gets taken off the total bill at breakfast based on what you order so my kids loved the choice of sausages, hash browns, bacon and eggs.

There were just some displays in the trader shops that I thought was a bit dark and eerie. No doubt it's done for the atmosphere of the medieval and wizardry times but I found it a bit scary. There are lots other shops that are great to visit, like this elderly gentlement who makes wooden tulips and whistles.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

had its faults but pleased we came!!! We stayed overnight here which i wouldnt do again. i paid for expensive room but dont feel i got anything extra. skimpy doona with no cover just put between two sheets. room smelled bad. shower water pressure terrible. it WAS great being able to do the maze and wander when the park was closed, made us feel very privileged. read some reviews in tbe evening and was a bit worried it wasnt going to be a v good day. but its been fantastic. the shows are hilarious, the jousting amazing, the stores hold many great treaures, great coffee, nice breakfast. we had an excellent time, made some new friends and go home with tresured memories.

Date of experience: December 2020