“Perfect Beach Front Kiting Spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kurt n Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Ventana
Kurt n Marina
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in La Ventana
Salt Lake City
“Perfect Beach Front Kiting Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

I just read Stewart's review and had to reply with my own. I just got back from five days at Kurt n Marina and had absolutely one of the best trips of my life. I'm a long time windsurfer new to kitesurfing and this was my first trip to La Ventana. I had no idea what to expect. I had room #7 on the second floor that has a great view of the bay. I work for the airlines so I travel extensively including many places in Mexico and this room smelled and looked extremely clean. The bedding and linens were cleaner than the Embassy Suites I just stayed at last night in Minneapolis. The bathroom was super clean and nicely updated. This isn't the Ritz Carlton by any means but for $55 a night you can't beat it. Beach access is perfect with a fresh water shower to rinse you and your gear off. Fun atmosphere in the communal cooking area. I met a lot of nice people. They even rake out the sandy landscape area surrounding the living areas to give it a clean zen feeling. Super friendly staff. Something that completely surprised me was coming back to the room after a day of kiting to find my bed made and fresh towels in the bathroom.

The only negative thing I can say about K n M, and why I gave it a 4 out of 5, is if you are in the uppper rooms you will have low water pressure. It's just part of the Baja experience. The water is hot though.

I'm planning on returning next month.

My wife owns a business and reviews like the one Stewart posted tick me off. "Low Budget" of course it is... it's $55 a night. What the heck do you expect! Maybe you need to stick to Hawaii.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the bay and a nice place to sit and chill choose an upper room. If you want hi...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Scott N
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
SF Bay Area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Weve stayed at several places in LV and this place ranks the lowest IMHO.

Rock hard beds. Room smelled like sewage. Hot water didn't work. Stairwells had rat feces on them.

Would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank stewart040
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

The atmosphere is very friendly. Group cooking is fun. I can only stay positive things about this place. Easy walking distance to most places in the area. I will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

I've stayed in La Ventana twice now, and I love the town and the people it attracts. But I would not return to Kurt n Marina for several reasons: 1. one of Kurt's dogs bit my 12 year old son, who did not provoke her, and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kurt did not even have a first aid kit, and did not apologize. 2. Kurt's rules are arbitrary and random. If you don't like the way he runs it, you're SOL. Halfway thru our stay he decided to start charging for internet, SUP boards, and kayaks. 3. There is one toilet/shower for all the campers, tent and RV. It was rare you did not have to wait to use the bathroom, and, to top it off, you could not always expect a roll of toilet paper there. La Ventana, si; KnM, no.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank firemama67
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

I spent 3 months at K N M's 2 winters ago in mt RV, I liked it so much I spent 3 1/2 months there this past winter. Having my RV parked 10 feet from the beach with all of the amenities was very nice(electricity, wifi, water and sewer). There is a great mix here of RVers, campers and hotel guests all sharing a common palapa with full kitchen facilities. Most of us having coffee on the deck, kiteboarding all day, and then a cerveza to celbrate the day. Many evenings there are potluck dinners where new and old guests get to know each other.Kurt N Marinas is a great place and perfect location with a nice wide beach for launching and landing. Having the experts at New Wind Kite Boarding School right next door is also very helpful for lessons and questions.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
#2 of 5 in La Ventana
La Concha Beach Resort
La Concha Beach Resort
#13 of 40 in La Paz

Been to Kurt n Marina? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK