“Great local restaurant”

Kurt's Corner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you want real local Caymanian food go to Kurt's Corner. It sits back off the street and might be a little hard to see but don't give up. It is THE place to go. Plenty of locals eat there. All food is fresh and cooked to order. The daily specials are particularly good.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Nice simple restaurant near to the North Side. You seat comfortably at a covered terrace with other local residents which frequent this place. Good local fresh food. We recommend the shrimp, the conch fritters and the catch of the day.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Quite small, very open porch dining area. Two coconut curry grouper, one seafood chowder (white) with crab cakes and one linguini with a white sauce (Alfedo). All happy with their meals... Small containers of vinegar on each table to ward off flies... wasn't working... so we took three from empty tables... still not effective. Flies were a nuisance. Curry was mild in flavor but bit spicy... the way I like it. A local we know, who lives on the island, says he specifically comes for the deserts , which are good and reasonably priced ($3CID, says he buys three key lime pies... two to take home, when he eats there)

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Kurt's Corner was one of the places we had read about on Trip Advisor before our trip to the East End of Grand Caymans. Unless you are looking for this place you will probably miss it because of its location you would probably not pass it anywhere you go on the East End. I met a frequent visitor to the East End while waiting in line for my rental car and he suggested Kurt's Corner as one place we really had to eat. The food was good and the service was also good. I have no complaints from our visit to Kurt's Corner. My wife also enjoyed the food and it is more difficult to please her with food than it is to please me. She enjoyed the food enough that she wanted to go back to eat thee again but we did not get the chance to do that. If you get the chance to eat here I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after a trip to crystal caves.
You can miss this place if you are not looking for it.
It is right behind a red building that is a bar

They give you warm beard with garlic butter. OMG it is delicious.

I had the grilled shrimp with a chili sauce. I thought it would be hot but it was sweet and so good. I also ordered the seafood chowder. This was amazing.

My husband ordered the chicken sandwich with fries.

We had a coke and lemonade

The total bill was $31 US dollars. One of the most reasonable meals we have had so far

You have to try this place if you are staying on the east end of the island or drive there from seven mile