Berghotel Tyrol & Firn(Senales)
US$ 157
US$ 132
US$ 286
  • Breakfast included
Almhotel Glieshof(Maso Corto)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewscable carvalleysenalesstarsskierstypegymskiingendglacierafternoondinner
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Together with my husband I spent 1 week ski holiday in February/March 2016 in Blu Senales Hotel.
We were located in the Zirm part of the Blu Senales Hotel – unfortunately in the room without the window…
There was a kind of ‘vent window’ only and as a result, the daylight was missing even in the morning which was really depressing.
The last but not least, the skylight was placed on so high level, that there was no possibility to look through the ‘window’ and see something outside, moreover, it was impossible for me to open the window vent without using the chair (I’m 168 cm tall).

We booked our ski stay at this hotel via Itaka touroperator and in my opinion, Blu Senales Hotel’s Manager treats Itaka’s quests as the ‘second sort tourists’ and offers them poor and non-standard rooms. No claims and no change is possible due to full occupancy (according to Manager).

At the same time we can find the description of the rooms in Blu Senales Hotel at booking.com:

“All rooms come with wooden furnishings and large windows”

This means the rooms with vent window are not offered generally to other guests, but to Itaka’s guests only. And this is not fair. Worth to mention that we paid the same regular price as other guests for standard rooms with large windows.

I would like to mention that we are not very demanding, we were aimed to have wonderful skiing and we were not looking for luxury place, but quite simple standard room with the bathroom and the WINDOW. And all was perfect apart from missing window, which is definitely not the standard nowadays.

In spite of the above claim I would like to say that our ski stay was great – due to really nice staff, delicious Italian food, pleasant Hotel’s interior and surrounding, cleanliness everywhere and the most important – great location near lift and cable car and really amazing snow and ski conditions!
Everything (apart of the missing window) was great and we definitely we would like to be back here again :)

Room Tip: make sure if the room has the standard large window, otherwise you can be located in the room without the window, but with skylight only!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Renata R
Reviewed 25 December 2015

We are a family with two kids (7 and 11), all skiers, and we went to this hotel for the first time in 2011. Altitude of hotel guaranties snow and in 2015 even though there were no snow from our home to 100 m to hotel (some 1000km) we had a great ski week, because of fact that Schnalstal glacier was packed with snow and tracks around hotel were ok. As we remembered from 2011, hotel facilities were great, but this time we had a small misunderstanding on relation hotel -TUI Reisien. I specifically asked to avoid room with bunk beds for children, but we got one in the first floor. I tried to change it, but as I was told there were no free rooms left, I also tried with my TUI Reisen agent, but nothing changed. So, unfortunately I have to say that this spoiled my picture of ZIRM hotel, and stuff in it. Also I have to add that noise coming from bar and reception is not acceptable in that first floor, so if you want a real deal, my suggestion is to go to 4, 5 or 6 floor..
Everything else was perfect...But, just to conclude, this is a hotel for passionate skiers....no shopping, not much of a night life, no restaurants and cafes (only ones on slopes).

Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Dragan V
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Good service, nice location, swimming pool availability at an altitude of 2000 meters. You can forget your car and go hiking from your room (isnt't that a real puls?). Nice restaurant and international breakfast

Room Tip: view rooms
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2015

full satisfaction, we will come back, the ski area is one of the best in Tirol Aples!
everything was perfect..................................................................................................................

Room Tip: for family the ebst is apartaments Zirm
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2015

As the other reviewers wrote before, this hotel was built in the '60-70s years. They don't renovate or upgrade the rooms, the halls or the restaurants. In spite of these the hotel overall is clean and well-maintained. This building consists of 3 different hotels with stairs, elevators, corridors. The parking place is on the 5th floor, the reception is on the 3rd, it took 3 days we had learnt everything. :)
Spa: The pool is enough big, but after 4pm is jammed. The saunas are clear and quiet. We paid 10 Euros/person for a week to use the saunas unlimited.
Restaurant: They have the same breakfast every second morning. Boring. The dinner was ok, if you are hungry, you can eat. There is a nice pizzeria in front of the hotel if you want something different. :)
Wifi: dont waste your money. We paid 10 Euros for 5 days and it almost never worked...
Ski slopes: the weather can trick you, check the forecast before buying the skipass. Don't miss the sledge slope, it 3,5 kms long and really fun! The sledge is 4 Euros for half day.

Room Tip: on the 3rd level was quiet
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends