“persistent excellence; love it”
Review of Kathton House

Kathton House
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Sturry
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Service, food and price consistently pleasing. We have never been disappointed, unobtrusive but attentive service, they have the mix just right . We have eaten in some very good restaurants in many countries but as an overall package Kathton House is our favourite and long may it serve.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Great place for an above average lunch. Food is first class.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Having been recommended Kathton House and having read so many favourable TripAdvisor reviews, it was inevitable that my wife and I should go there to celebrate her birthday over the Bank Holiday weekend.
We were not disappointed.The service was prompt,friendly,attentive yet unobtrusive;the food was well presented and beautifully cooked;the ambience was warm and comfortable.
We chose the3-course dinner menu which was preceded by a little appetiser and then by a sorbet between the starter and main course.My wife's starter was salmon mousse and crab,my own was monk fish and chorizo.Then we both had fillet of Scottish beef which was beautifully tasty.The house wine,a Californian cabernet sauvignon,was an excellent complement to the meal.
All in all it was a very fine dining experience confirming Kathton House among the top eating establishments in Kent.A big thankyou to all the staff.

4  Thank gerulis
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is fine dining at a reasonable price. The dinner menu was excellent with a choice of 2 or 3 courses. The food was first class with more than adequate portions. What makes this a really enjoyable occasion is the high level of friendly service with attention to detail including not leaving the wine standing on your table but stored away from the table and brought to you to re-fill your glasses.

My tip is to book well in advance to ensure you get a table in this small, delightful restaurant where you are made to feel important in a relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank GrahamSample
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We visited Canterbury with a group of 7. It's very difficult to find a fixed menu that everyone likes. I loved the 2/3- course dinner at Kathton House. It offers everyone the opportunity to choose and it's a fixed price.
The staff was very friendly and never appeared over-friendly as sometimes happens. They were all adding to the atmosphere. I can't remember the last time I've been welcomed like this. The building was beautiful and well decorated. All in all we felt really good sitting here.

As I said we were 7 and ordered many different dishes. They all came at the same time and every plate was greeted with moans of pleasure. It all tasted great.
The wine list included a very nice red housewine that was reasonably priced!
If you're looking for a place to eat and don't know where to go, try Kathton House. If I'm ever back in Canterbury it'll be the first place I visit.

3  Thank Anno1982