All reviews food was amazing volcano boarding these guys every meal horseback riding great job yoga retreat new friends beautiful studio the real world knew where stocked fridge rash guard overlooking the water a great vacation exceeded all expectations group of friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

A group of friends and I went to Rise Up to disconnect from the real world, relax, and learn to surf. We all left rejuvenated and nearly professional (in our own minds) surfers! There is a reason their website introduces each member of the “Familia” – you get to know Corina, Phillip and all of the staff during your stay there!

Surf:
The surf instructors were incredible and catered to our needs and level of experience (or lack thereof). We had video personalized feedback and daily motivational support. The instruction perfectly balanced professionalism and fun. I will never forget Melquing riding a blow-up Unicorn in the surf or Conner’s voice cheering as I stood up on my first wave.

Yoga:
Members of our group had varying experience in Yoga – Georgina catered to all of us with her unique daily yoga sessions. She always communicated ways to get the most out of each session both physically and mentally. Oh … and yoga was held in a tree house with the sounds of waves crashing ashore nearby.

Food:
I LOVED the fact that meals were served family style. You got to know the rest of the “family” over a beautifully prepared meal. Just like Mom’s meals as a child, no choices or decisions to make here – you can expect a nutritious fresh plate at every meal (of course - they cater to dietary needs and allergies). Still hungry or thirsty? There is 24-hour access to snacks like granola, homemade PB, muffins, fruit and drinks like water, soda, juice, beer and rum.

Relaxation:
No internet, no TVs, no distractions from the beauty that you have at this location. We spent very little time in our room. Instead, we lounged by the pool, napping or reading in hammocks, or playing cards games during our down time. The nightly storms were entertaining to watch and peaceful to fall asleep to. Everyone was in bed by 10! (except on Salsa night).

Tips:
The individual/couple rooms are huge – probably unnecessary unless you want the privacy. Bring water proof sunscreen for surf sessions. Bring high quality insect repellent. Bring your own water bottle to fill up at the cooler. I over-packed – bring only one pair of normal clothes for salsa night or venturing into the city otherwise its beach casual all day, every day! I bought a Rash Guard from Rise Up, but bring your own if you have one or you can probably buy one cheaper on Amazon. No need to take out foreign money (for US at least) - they accepted USD for tips and purchases - and the conversion at the airport was a rip-off.

Regrets:
We stayed 5 days – I wish we could have stayed at least a week if not two. You immediately feel a part of the family and your surf capabilities progress more rapidly than you would expect each day. I look forward to going back again some day!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I have been to Rise Up and couldn't have been happier. First the Rise Up crew are just amazing. Secondly, the location is perfect - on the beach, quiet, and in a non touristy area. They built another guest house on the property. It's beautiful and has great views. All rooms have a/c and a fan. Lastly, the surf and the yoga was just perfect. Can't wait to go back. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

There's so many good things to say about this hidden gem, where do I start...

I came to this spot not knowing anything at all about surfing and after just a week, I was already catching some "greenies". Oscar, who was our instructor, really helped us learn great technique from the get go so we could stand on a board in no time.

Apart from surfing everyday, which is awesome in of itself, the food was great too. All of the meals were super healthy and even beautiful to just look at. And of course, how could I forget to mention the all you can drink supply of Toña.

Even if surfing isn't your thing, there's still plenty of activities that Hugh did a great job of planning which included horseback riding, fishing, volcano boarding, salsa dancing, and surf wakeboarding. Such a great variety, keeping every new day there fun, fresh, and exciting. I'd be remissed if I didn't also call out Melky for being a great guide on all of these excursions. Always made sure to show us the culture off the beaten path and keep us having fun by playing great tunes and keeping us hydrated.

And that's not all. There was also daily yoga, and while I wasn't a fan before the trip, I can say I have a newfound appreciation for it. Georgie did a great job of challenging us through yoga. Just the epitome of someone who practice what she preaches. Very inspiring.

Everything about this place is simply awesome. Definitely worth the 3 hour drive from the airport to escape to this surf paradise. The staff is amazing, the food is awesome, the activities are awesome, what else could you ask for?

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Best people, best service and food, best stress release and best fun you could have in a wonderful destination that is still untouched.
Not sure where to start: from the management to the instructors and kitchen, to the breathtaking views, no matter where you are on the property, I couldn't have had a better time. I'm saying this when my surf adventure was cut short by a fractured toe the third day of my week stay. Even with little mobility I was still able to join the numerous activities, enjoy the endless coffee while relaxing on the hammocks, reading, swimming and watching the sun set. How did I leave the sunsets at the end of this review? Incredible, every day - and you never get tired of them. Mostly, though, a friendly and laid back vibe, reflected on everyone, not just the staff but every single guest, too. Don't walk to RiseUp, run!

Room Tip: The rooms on the second level of the new building have a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I won't tell you the rooms are 5 star but for Central America they were great! The food on the other hand was 5 star all day! The staff was amazing, the property was beautiful and the views are perfect. I've spent a large portion of my life surfing. Surf camps can be hit or miss with mixed skill levels. Rise up was good about accessing levels and splitting groups as needed. This is a place I would take novice friends to that would allow me to still get waves. The down time activities were what really surprised me. There always seemed to be something to do from boat rides to horseback riding. Coaches were experienced & knew where and when the waves were going to hit. For Nica its expensive but well worth the price. "All inclusive" is almost a dirty word but here it was the sound of happiness. Never went hungry thirsty or less then happy. Plus surfed until my arms fell off

Room Tip: I like a private but they are huge for one person
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo