“Easter week heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chinandega
Rise Up Surf Tours Nicaragua
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Best people, best service and food, best stress release and best fun you could have in a wonderful destination that is still untouched.
Not sure where to start: from the management to the instructors and kitchen, to the breathtaking views, no matter where you are on the property, I couldn't have had a better time. I'm saying this when my surf adventure was cut short by a fractured toe the third day of my week stay. Even with little mobility I was still able to join the numerous activities, enjoy the endless coffee while relaxing on the hammocks, reading, swimming and watching the sun set. How did I leave the sunsets at the end of this review? Incredible, every day - and you never get tired of them. Mostly, though, a friendly and laid back vibe, reflected on everyone, not just the staff but every single guest, too. Don't walk to RiseUp, run!

Room Tip: The rooms on the second level of the new building have a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I won't tell you the rooms are 5 star but for Central America they were great! The food on the other hand was 5 star all day! The staff was amazing, the property was beautiful and the views are perfect. I've spent a large portion of my life surfing. Surf camps can be hit or miss with mixed skill levels. Rise up was good about accessing levels and splitting groups as needed. This is a place I would take novice friends to that would allow me to still get waves. The down time activities were what really surprised me. There always seemed to be something to do from boat rides to horseback riding. Coaches were experienced & knew where and when the waves were going to hit. For Nica its expensive but well worth the price. "All inclusive" is almost a dirty word but here it was the sound of happiness. Never went hungry thirsty or less then happy. Plus surfed until my arms fell off

Room Tip: I like a private but they are huge for one person
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I just got back from my second trip to Rise Up and I'm already planning my third! Rise Up is an amazing place full of fun experiences, awesome people, and great food/accommodations. I went with a group of both experienced and beginner surfers, and everyone enjoyed the conditions and the lessons from the fun and patient surf instructors. When we weren't enjoying the amazing, warm water we were relaxing by the pool or de-stressing with yoga in a beautiful studio overlooking the water. The meals were delicious and varied, and the help-yourself beer fridge and bartender at night were very well received. I cannot recommend this trip highly enough, just know that you will have a very hard time leaving!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Could not recommend this place enough! From the moment you arrive at the camp you feel the good vibes, and stress disappears. Beautiful place, the instructors are nothing short of amazing. A must visit!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyndsey T
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I went to Rise Up to attend a fitness retreat that my friend was hosting. I arrived in Nicaragua not knowing what to expect, but my mind was absolutely blown when I arrived at Rise Up. My time there was the best week of my life!

The food was so delicious and fresh, the staff all so friendly and wonderful. We did yoga in a beautiful studio overlooking the water, with the sound of the waves crashing as we posed. We did sprints and workouts on the huge beach, and so many amazing excursions.

I absolutely recommend doing the horse back ride; we went to a locals home and learned how to make tortillas, and galloped down the beach. It was absolutely incredible. I also really recommend the Leon/volcano boarding trip! So much fun, such a different experience. The sunrise volcano hike was also beautiful, and the drive there was quiet the ride!

Thank you so much to Phil and his staff for letting us share their paradise, and for their incredible hospitality.

Stayed: February 2017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinandega
6.8 km away
#5 of 9 in Chinandega
Hotel Plaza Cosiguina
Hotel Plaza Cosiguina
#6 of 9 in Chinandega

Been to Rise Up Surf Tours Nicaragua? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK