US$ 53
Hotel Los Portales(Chinandega)
US$ 111
US$ 94
Priceline
Hotel Casa Real(Chinandega)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
US$ 47
Tapas and Surf(Chinandega)
US$ 59
Hotel Los Volcanes(Chinandega)
Hotel San Jose(Chinandega)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfood was amazingvolcano boardingthese guyslearned howevery mealhorseback ridinggreat jobyoga retreatnew friendsbeautiful studiothe real worldknew wherestocked fridgerash guardoverlooking the watera great vacationexceeded all expectations
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I won't tell you the rooms are 5 star but for Central America they were great! The food on the other hand was 5 star all day! The staff was amazing, the property was beautiful and the views are perfect. I've spent a large portion of my life surfing. Surf camps can be hit or miss with mixed skill levels. Rise up was good about accessing levels and splitting groups as needed. This is a place I would take novice friends to that would allow me to still get waves. The down time activities were what really surprised me. There always seemed to be something to do from boat rides to horseback riding. Coaches were experienced & knew where and when the waves were going to hit. For Nica its expensive but well worth the price. "All inclusive" is almost a dirty word but here it was the sound of happiness. Never went hungry thirsty or less then happy. Plus surfed until my arms fell off

Room Tip: I like a private but they are huge for one person
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I just got back from my second trip to Rise Up and I'm already planning my third! Rise Up is an amazing place full of fun experiences, awesome people, and great food/accommodations. I went with a group of both experienced and beginner surfers, and everyone enjoyed the conditions and the lessons from the fun and patient surf instructors. When we weren't enjoying the amazing, warm water we were relaxing by the pool or de-stressing with yoga in a beautiful studio overlooking the water. The meals were delicious and varied, and the help-yourself beer fridge and bartender at night were very well received. I cannot recommend this trip highly enough, just know that you will have a very hard time leaving!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Could not recommend this place enough! From the moment you arrive at the camp you feel the good vibes, and stress disappears. Beautiful place, the instructors are nothing short of amazing. A must visit!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyndsey T
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I went to Rise Up to attend a fitness retreat that my friend was hosting. I arrived in Nicaragua not knowing what to expect, but my mind was absolutely blown when I arrived at Rise Up. My time there was the best week of my life!

The food was so delicious and fresh, the staff all so friendly and wonderful. We did yoga in a beautiful studio overlooking the water, with the sound of the waves crashing as we posed. We did sprints and workouts on the huge beach, and so many amazing excursions.

I absolutely recommend doing the horse back ride; we went to a locals home and learned how to make tortillas, and galloped down the beach. It was absolutely incredible. I also really recommend the Leon/volcano boarding trip! So much fun, such a different experience. The sunrise volcano hike was also beautiful, and the drive there was quiet the ride!

Thank you so much to Phil and his staff for letting us share their paradise, and for their incredible hospitality.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I attended a yoga retreat at Rise Up and I honestly can't say enough amazing things about the experience. First off, what a spectacular location! The water was warm, the beach was massive and mostly private - and the views (especially at sunset) were unparalleled. The food was fresh, creative, healthy, colourful and delicious. [sighs at the memory of the delicious green sauce] But most of all, the staff were fantastic. Completely welcoming, helpful and SUPER fun. I came home with a huge admiration for all of the people in the Rise Up family - their obvious pursuit of happiness in their daily lives is inspiring. I would say though, that the surfing was a definite highlight - awesome waves and wicked talented (and patient) instructors. I could go on...but really you should just go and experience it for yourself!!

Room Tip: Whatever room you end up in I'd say is fine, as hopefully you won't be spending much time indoors!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends