“This. Place. Was. The. BEST.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chinandega
Rise Up Surf Tours Nicaragua
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I attended a yoga retreat at Rise Up and I honestly can't say enough amazing things about the experience. First off, what a spectacular location! The water was warm, the beach was massive and mostly private - and the views (especially at sunset) were unparalleled. The food was fresh, creative, healthy, colourful and delicious. [sighs at the memory of the delicious green sauce] But most of all, the staff were fantastic. Completely welcoming, helpful and SUPER fun. I came home with a huge admiration for all of the people in the Rise Up family - their obvious pursuit of happiness in their daily lives is inspiring. I would say though, that the surfing was a definite highlight - awesome waves and wicked talented (and patient) instructors. I could go on...but really you should just go and experience it for yourself!!

Room Tip: Whatever room you end up in I'd say is fine, as hopefully you won't be spending much time in...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 February 2017

I had a fantastic vacation at Rise Up! It's a serene place located right by the ocean and made magical by the entire crew from the drivers to the yoga and surf instructors and everyone behind the scenes. The crew treats their guests like gold and genuinely ensure that all guests have a great vacation. Eating here will turn anyone into a foodie; all meals taste divine, are sourced locally, organic and so nutritious. The surf instructors are truly the best--they teach you to surf at your own pace and equip you with great tips and confidence to improve your skills. The yoga instructor, Willow, is phenomenal. She tailors each yoga practice to address guests' needs and each session is enjoyable. The daily itinerary is a perfect balance of a variety of fun activities and relaxation. I'm only sorry that I had to leave!! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Already planning a return trip! Beautiful location and seriously excellent food, but it's really the staff and other guests that make Rise Up so incredible. It's obvious that Rise Up cares about the guests, but also cares equally about the local community. Everyone was so warm and welcoming, and very flexible when we had less than ideal travel constraints. They definitely strike the right balance between having a ton of stuff to do vs time to relax. The surf and yoga instructors are seriously some of the best I've gotten to learn from!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2017

On my 2nd day at Rise Up, I realized why so many people come back....and why I was already planning a return trip in the near future.

In no particular order:

1. Staff and Other Guests.. Everyone working there from Marcia to Jhia and Willow were straight up exceptional. Surf Instruction was the best I have ever received and Jhias's approach to teaching was very relaxed and effective.

Willow was excellent with Yoga instruction and catered to our needs and as well as to our fatigue level after a day of early surfing. Gustavo even took us to the local clinic and facilitated an "expedited" appointment for my wife when she needed medical care.

Along with the Staff, Phil has created and environment where interesting and outgoing international patrons all congregate together at this beautiful location in Punta Aposentillo.

2. The Food. As a vegetarian, this was a culinary delight. 7 days of meals were all varied, tasty, and healthy. I ate there better than I do at home, and as I write this I am craving their tostadas and Gabriel's Friday night Pizza.

3. Location. As previously states in other posts, the camp lies on a cliff and has stunning views of the ocean. It almost looks like a movie set. The yoga studio is in a magical setting surrounded by banyan trees and sits next to the water.

Phil has created a magnificent Surf/Yoga camp and involved the right people to create a classy destination. But I think Rise Up is more of an experience...A Wonderful Experience. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2017

If you are looking for (1) a surf camp for all skill levels - from those who have never surfed to those who have surfed forever or (2) a vacation spot where your non surfing significant other can have as much fun, than this is the place.

I have surfed for years but left my girlfriend at home thinking this was going to be an all surf vacation. I was so wrong to have left her at home. This place has so much for the non surfer - yoga, massage, wakeboarding, horseback riding, salsa dancing, volleyball, volcano hiking and just plain relaxing at a pool that has incredible views of the Pacific.

And if you think that this is just another surf camp with the standard food, guess again. Gourmet dishes at every meal - consistent with the healthy cuisine you would find in the better restaurants in California. There is an obvious accent on health here. After all, yoga and massage are two of their best attractions.

But don't let me mislead you. This is still a surf camp and there are close to a half dozen breaks that cater to all abilities. The surf instructors are outstanding and allow you to maximize your session time. You get to the breaks on foot, in jeeps or by boat - whatever is easiest for that day. And no need to pack your precious board and pay exorbitant fees to the airlines. They have extensive quivers of both long and short boards and now some sup boards as well.

The rooms were simple but clean, environmental and attractive. The yoga and massage rooms are scenically situated above the cliffs overlooking the Pacific.

But the best part of this place is the staff. They come from all over the world speaking so many different languages bringing their diversity with them. Friendly, non-judgmental and encouraging, they form the backbone of this operation. It is sometimes difficult distinguishing the guests from the staff.

In short this is a great place - not just to surf but to have fun. My physical therapist recommended this place after she surfed here over a year ago, and now I now feel I need to gift her a case of wine. It's worth it.

Room Tip: Try to get an upstairs room in the north building. Quiet. Incredible views.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinandega
26.6 km away
31.3 km away
Hotel de Campo Apastepe
Hotel de Campo Apastepe
#5 of 9 in Chinandega

Been to Rise Up Surf Tours Nicaragua? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK