“A little gem”

Price range: US$ 32 - US$ 40
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone +44 (0)1663 732943
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We’d been staying up at Shrigley Hall and passed this establishment a few times, looked lovely from the road so decided to call and book a table, no issues, but luckily we did book. Place was brimming. Just goes to show we’d made a great choice.
loved the open kitchen view. Nice touch!
The food was plentiful, delicious, flavoursome and well presented, maybe just ease up on onion in your side salad!
The service was quick, friendly and not intrusive.
Shame we live 200miles away.....will be back though!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We've eaten here several times and cannot fault it at all. The fish dishes are second to none and the staff go above and beyond on every visit. Our most recent visit was at a lunchtime and we ordered the Seafood Royale - it was absolutely mind blowing!!! I highly recommend this incredible pub/restaurant to everyone!

1  Thank SallyMattShaw
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Who would expect to find such a good fish restaurant hidden in a little country pub? I had heard about it and went to try it as I love seafood. I wasn't disappointed and I will be back. I had the scallops and black pudding to start, scallops were perfection itself, very fresh and perfectly cooked. The black pudding had a lovely grain and texture and wasn't at all greasy,lovely. For main I had lemon sole which I thought came with samphire which I love but was missing from the plate, I didn't notice until I had finished and since I was full anyway didn't mention it. The sole was beautiful and very filling. I had chocolate tort for dessert which was incredibly rich and delicious. Very nice glass of chardonnay, beautiful meal. Service was very good and it was a nice touch that the lady chef asked us how are meal was. This is a fab place to eat and we were lucky to get the last table on a wednesday lunchtime so will book a table next time.

1  Thank chrissyDerbyshire
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We eat here every couple of months and have never had a disappointing meal. Always efficient and friendly service.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I came here as a little girl 50 years ago for Sunday lunches with my parents, my oh my how different but strangely familiar. Met up with family we only see occasionally, sat in the conservatory area. What a fabulous room, great menu, great company and food to die for. We all had different meals and were spoilt for choice. I had beautifully cooked thick plaice. Hubby and brother shared the rack of lamb and judging from their comments was amazing. Really attentive staff and we were not rushed. Would love to return if in the area!