“Awesome experience”
other travellers have booked this property
The Retreat Chalet
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Retreat Chalet
The Retreat chalet
The Retreat chalet
The Retreat chalet has an outside hot tub
floor plan
floor plan
150km of graded and maintained trails, Free uplifts !! Pick up you lift pass from the tourist office
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Trevor R
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Kev and Charlie were brilliant hosts. Amazing cooks. Providing a good all round choice for breakfast. Delicious cakes for the afternoons and 3 course evening meals to die for, accompanied by some great wines. A comfortable relaxed atmosphere in a centrally located chalet. You can do as much or as little as you want with lots of activites to hand or sit in the sun and chill. A great experience thank you will definitely be out to see you again in Tignes.

Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: centrally located for activities shops bars lifts
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Neil J
“The best summer holiday you could wish for.”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed with Chill Alp (Kev & Charlie) for skiing in Courchevel at Christmas. So when we discovered they were providing summer breaks in Tignes, we booked straight away. Their hospitality is fantastic ... warm, friendly, helpful and they're so easy to get along with. The food was simply amazing, every meal was eagerly anticipated and exceeded expectations. The chalet was great, very comfortable with a fantastic terrace for sitting out in the sun and admiring the glacier up in the distance. Kev & Charlie were always around to chat as and when needed, and both have great insight and knowledge on the resort, area and activities. No need for any TV or iPads in the evenings, all the entertainment you could possibly need was provided by Rusty the dog. Oh how we miss him already! A wonderful location, with wonderful hosts ..... and a holiday to remember.

Bedding & mattresses
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
1 Sep 2016
Thanks Neil, Sharon, Kirsty and Ben, a pleasure to have you back. Glad you had a great time and you know where we are if you fancy a return visit. All the best Kev, Charlie and Rusty
Luketailb...
“chill Alp Retreats can offer everything!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My stay with Kev, Charlie & Rusty can only be described as mind blowing!

My hosts provided the most warm welcome that I've ever received as a solo traveller, included me in the 'chat' & never once was I left out, whether it was a friendly game of darts or just reliving the mountains at the dinner table with the other families.

Both Kev & Charlie's knowledge of Tignes was exemplary whether it was for a food stop or where to ride!!

Which leads me to the riding....after chatting with the guys & explaining what I was wanting out of my week of riding Kev was on it planning a trip up & over the mountain to explore another zone that was filled with some of the most technical riding I'd ever done which was exactly what I needed....his passion to deliver what I described was outstanding & he genuinely knew how to make my week go off with a bang, he listened & basically built me a to do list of rides building it up through the week & ending in my trip to La Thuile in Italy with nick Start-line MTB which if your ever get the chance you have to do!!
The road riding here also looks outrageous & I found myself in a massive quandary for next year for what to bring & again the knowledge of where you could go that they have is awesome.

I can go into the food enough...the guys provided is amazing food. At every opportunity...I know it's taken for granted now that there will be some kind of cake for when you get in BUT you had to remember not to gorge to much as the food you'd be getting will be awesome...the wine, chat & laughs would always be flowing & with out these two at the helm it wouldn't be possible!!!

Even if you took the mountains away I'm pretty certain I'd have have a blast anyway!!

I've even found out they do winter stays to.....!!

I can't recommend this stay enough, roll on our next encounter!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
15 Aug 2016
Thanks for your kind words luke, glad you had an awesome time and we look forward to seeing you snowboarding and back on the bike next summer. Kev, Charlie and Rusty
MTBRider1...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great week in Tignes”
Reviewed 4 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Kev, Charlie and of course Rusty were amazing hosts whilst we stayed there for a week Mountain Biking. They are such a laugh and it's nice that they sit and have dinner with you. With being Gluten Intolerant Charlie baked some thing different for me every day which included the afternoon cakes!!
The Chalet is in perfect location for the lifts and the Sauna and Hot Tub are a welcome relief after a hard day's riding, and what's more the lift pass is free along with most of the other activities.

Thanks again and we will definitely be back. :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
AledE19
“Best chalet stay I've ever had”
Reviewed 2 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

A group of us stayed with Chill Alp for a week in tignes while we were mountain biking there. For the price we paid to stay here we weren't expecting much as it was a bargain... but in actual fact it was the better than any chalet / hosted accommodation any of us have ever had! The rooms were great, clean and tidy. The food was AMAZING! These guys could easily be chefs at a high end restaurant. The facilities were second to none - jacuzzi, sauna, bike storage and washing, cosy tv room and games snug.

Kev and Charlie (and rusty the dog) are two of the warmest people you will meet who cannot do enough for you and are a hell of a good laugh too! If you fancy going biking to France, go to Tignes and go and stay with these guys as anything else will be a lesser experience.

Oh and value for money... you won't beat it.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing