“Very Nice”

Hotel Tiara Yaktsa Cote d'Azur.
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Theoule sur Mer
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Nice boutique hotel outside Cannes. Moroccan style. Our room was relatively small so even if it was well designed with all its details (home cinema, curtained bed, cd collection etc) it felt a bit crowded. We enjoyed some nice side sea views and a nice breakfast. Staff was very friendly and professional. As we visited during easter it was too cold for us to use the pool and the sun beds but they looked fantastic for summer time!! There was free parking and free wi fi internet services (not very good signal though) which was a very a great good add on. The bathroom was spacious with a double rain shower which is great but without a bath tab for those that would like to enjoy a bath (at least in our room).

I would recomend it to others and definately would go back.

Room Tip: Go for the patio sea view rooms even if you have to pay more!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Europe
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in April 2012 with our 8-year-old son. Upon arrival we were welcomed very courteous and friendly, and efficiently shown to our room including a demonstration of every drawer and switch in our room. The room has a beautiful Moroccan décor and was well laid out, with a small balcony, but the bathroom was very small. The hotel is fairly new, and as it is located on a hillside, it feels compact with its many levels. The pool area and sunbed was very nice and well designed for relaxation.

The housekeeping was outstanding, with extremely high levels of service.

We ate in the restaurant two nights, which served good food and wine, and with a very good evening service. The breakfast was average and with an average service (girls giggling in the kitchen rather than attending guests). However, overall the staff was very friendly and tried hard to provide a very good service. It seemed that the hotel was wanting to be a 5* hotel by offering smiles and high prices, but somehow there was a distance between intentions and reality as it somehow didn’t deliver that extra star.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ScanDesign
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed 5 nights in August 2011. Simply beautiful.
We had a standard room with a balcony and lateral sea view. The room was not very big but was very nicely decorated, huge plasma TV with even a selection of CDs.
The bathroom as well was not huge but very functional and luxurious. We had a small table in the balcony where we spent some time admiring the view even if there's not much privacy as the balcony of the room next door is very close.
The infinity pool is very nice, we were there in high season and it never felt crowded.
The best part are the day beds! They are in the garden area (very close to the pool) and you have a marvellous view on the gulf while you sunbathe and relax.
The service is discreet and very kind.
The restaurant is also excellent, we dined there 2 times. Tables in the terrace, overlooking the gulf.. amazing.
The only negative point I have to raise it's the cost of the breakfast, which is in my opinion exorbitant. You can have an a la carte breakfast as well, which is what we did.
The wifi works in the pool area but it wasn't working from our room.

Room Tip: Check for offers, we were lucky enough to book via Kiwi Collection and find a special rate of EUR 20...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IlGenio
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We discovered this hotel through Trip Advisor and after a wedding abroad, we were looking forward to nothing more than a total relax in a five star, romantic environment. The reviews were phenomenal, voted most romantic hotel in Europe and both my husband and I were so excited to start our honeymoon in such luxury. Unfortunately I have come away feeling disappointed in our experience of Tiara Yaktsa as the customer service was for the most part, poor. As a couple in our late 20's who possibly look younger, and as a new "wife", the receptionist we had most of our engagement with, didn't feel it necessary to look or talk to me- at all. Maybe they felt that we were too young and easy to dismiss, but this has added to my need to write up this disappointing experience.

There were a lot of things which disappointed me during my short stay. Our room was small, but we understood that this would be the case in such a luxurious hotel. We did however, expect the room to have a safety deposit box, however ours was "missing". We had expensive items with us, new wedding rings, passports. We were simply told that we could use the deposit box in reception, which was neither practical or realistic and when we were paying for a room with a safety deposit box, I thought we were in our rights to get one. I was disappointed at their lack of cooperation on this front, but it set the tone for the rest of the trip. I felt that Tiara Yaktsa had our money and quite frankly, couldn't care less about our actual experience. We told them it was our honeymoon, and for the most "romantic hotel" in Europe, I had expected maybe a glass of champagne on arrival. I wouldn't normally mention this but it was just another thing which added to our feeling of not being particularly welcomed.

Following from the lack of safety deposit box, we ordered room service which looked and tasted fantastic. Unfortunately we opened the doors on to our balcony to enjoy our breakfast outside, and there were very loud construction works outside. The noise was so loud that we decided to move inside the very small room, and eat on the bed as the sound was pretty deafening. It reminded me of those ITV shows Holiday Nightmares.. Not exactly the romantic destination we had envisaged and no acknowledgment or mention of the construction, which I thought was pretty cheeky.

We spent the day by the pool and the surroundings were beautiful. It was very peaceful, but again, for me the experience is 360, and while the setting was perfect the service wasn't. Our room was very small with the bed being the only seating as outside was too loud due to the building works. My husband took it upon himself to speak with the receptionist and was advised that she would speak with her manager. Note that this receptionist, we will call receptionist #2 then came down to the pool to tell us that she could upgrade us, but as the hotel was so busy (we saw maybe 8 other people in our stay, so I highly doubt this) it would cost us an extra 150 euros a night to upgrade. I thought this was preposterous given that we had zero security in our room, where we couldn't even open the doors due to the construction. I thought that paying over £300 a night would entitle you to these basics, and that we shouldn't have to pay for this "luxury". I said to receptionist #2 that we would think about it and she walked off looking very displeased. We then decided that even though we disagreed with this surcharge, that this was our honeymoon and we wanted to be able to put our valuables away and sit out on the balcony and enjoy the sights we were paying so much for. So, we were moved to the opposite end of the hotel and had a beautiful, spacious, quiet room.

For me the most disappointing part of the entire stay in this hotel was the way in which I was treated by receptionist #1. Since we arrived on the first night, said receptionist didn't look at me, or ask me any questions, it was all directed at my husband. While this was irritating in itself, it wasn't until I went to pay for the extra money due to moving rooms that I felt really offended. I don't know if this receptionist was not used to seeing a woman pay for anything, but it certainly came across that way. Not only had the receptionist been looking only at my husband when asking questions, she then also looked at my husband for payment. I was totally shocked at this, and more so when I then handed her my credit card and she looked at my husband to insert in to the unit and then, passed the machine to him, even though it was my card that I had handed to her!!! I have never experienced such blatant sexism in my whole life. I was left utterly astonished as she then even handed my husband back my card!!! I was gobsmacked at her total lack of respect for me and found it unbelievable to experience such blatant sexism in this day.

To conclude, yes, the setting is stunning, the food was very good and there was one receptionist #3 shall we say, who was very accommodating and kind. However, unfortunately the two who we came in to most contact with were rude and dismissive and this was not the treatment we were expecting from a hotel of this calibre. I feel disappointed that I even have to write this, but I think that people should be aware of our experience and I think that the staff should be better trained in how to treat their customers with respect. I travelled around Europe for the rest of the honeymoon and experienced fantastic, accommodating service, I just wish that for those first three/four days when we were so excited to enjoy this luxury, that the staff had been a bit more gracious so we could have had the full experience.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
34 Thank Katie J
USA
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Had our honeymoon here based on TripAdvisor recommendation and just want to add our own rave review. The service was phenomenal and the room was soooo comfortable. They even had a selection of CD's that we listened to non-stop. The Mediterranean/North African decor is beautiful and helped create a relaxed, peaceful environment. The pool was perfect and the pool-side lounging on the wonderfully appointed day-beds was one of the highlights of the trip. Another highlight was playing tennis at a neighboring hotel, which our hotel arranged for us - playing tennis amid all that natural beauty was just a sublime experience. There are only two drawbacks: the food is expensive (and it's not like you're in a town with other options in walking distance)(poolside drinks are particularly pricey!) and there's no bathtub. But I was prepared for both because of other reviews and they did not take away from our happiness. It is a secluded little getaway, very luxurious, and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a sea view - you didn't come all this way to look at the garden!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
La Villa Mauresque
#1 of 39 in Saint-Raphael
4.9 km away
Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino
Pullman Cannes Mandelieu Royal C...
#1 of 17 in Mandelieu-la-Napoule
16.3 km away
Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel
Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel
#18 of 86 in Antibes

Been to Hotel Tiara Yaktsa Cote d'Azur.? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Hotel Tiara Yaktsa Cote d'Azur.

Property: Hotel Tiara Yaktsa Cote d'Azur.
Address: 6 Boulevard de l'Esquillon, 06590 Theoule sur Mer, France
Region: France > Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur > French Riviera - Cote d'Azur > Theoule sur Mer
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Theoule sur Mer
Price range (per night): ₹ 26,062 - ₹ 74,336
Hotel Class:5 star — Hotel Tiara Yaktsa Cote d'Azur. 5*
Inspired by the wealth and diversity of Mediterranean culture, the Tiara Yaktsa Cote d'Azur is endowed with a unique style of comfort and intimacy. Its fine views of the deep-blue sea, intoxicating fragrances and well-manicured gardens, provide truly personal experiences. At the Tiara Yaktsa , time is controlled by your innermost feelings. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tiara Yaktsa Cote d'Azur. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tiara Yaktsa Cannes Hotel