“Loved it! ❤️”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch here sat overlooking the quayside.
Delicious seafood and a scrumptious crepe to follow.
Good service and the waiter was quite happy to seek out the English version of the menu even though we were trying our very best Franglais!

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

We were there on a rainy Friday for lunch. It didn't look much form the outside but we were surprised when we were inside. Pirates everywhere inside :) We both had a galette, which was the first time for us and it tasted good. Staff was also friendly.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Before visiting this restaurant we did read the reviews on Trip Advisor, and it didn’t let us down. We had a nice dinner with Crepes and seafood. The restaurant had a cozy and nice atmosphere, and the decoration certainly helps. When you are visiting La Caravelle, you are not in doubt that they are specialized in crepes and it is combined with the local catches of Seafood.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

I didn't come here for the crêpes. I'm certain going by the reviews, they must be great. I was a bit hungry so the owner recommended the ox cheek bourguignon. That's French for really slow-cooked delicious meaty heaven. Oh my god! It doesn't get better than this. IS've honestlynever had a bad meal in France and this one was way up there. Family-owned place, English is spoken without contempt, the food is outstanding, service impeccable and they treat you like family. I have never been to a restaurant where they not only gave us generous portions on our plate, but also gave us twice as much in a serving dish on the side. "You know, just in case you like to have some more".

Thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon with good homely cooking, friendly service and incredible value for money. I expected to be paying over €50 for that meal with drinks and coffee to finish and couldn't believe the €31 bill I was given for the two of us.

So glad I came here. It is a meal I will remember for a long time indeed.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very friendly welcome; even on our second visit we were remembered. The restaurant is decorated as though it is the inside of a pirate ship. The menu is very extensive with interesting descriptions for many of the dishes. The quality of the crepe is very good and the service is very efficient. Being sited at the port the outside seating can be battered by the wind, so worth considering when deciding where to sit. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank StirlingDoug