1,627 results
All reviews main promenade sea water there is no air conditioning hotel restaurant half board steam room small outdoor pool flip flops balcony thalassa speedos holiday receptionist bikes families france august
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Spent a week, half-board, being pampered with a set of daily thalassotherapy sessions designed in my case for general health, at the adjacent Spa centre. The hotel is a nicely appointed 3-star hotel. The rooms are large and each has a balcony with a view across the garden to the pine trees. An out-door pool is open for guests in the summer months. The Spa centre is accessed through a covered passage and one walks around all morning in a swimsuit and an ample towelling robe provided for your stay, as are the towels from the Spa centre. A handy Valdys carry bag is provided too. Flip flops are essential but if you forget something, there is a boutique that has everything necessary to enjoy your holiday. The daily sessions, pre-booked ranged from physiotherapy massages, aquagym (with nice and warm sea water), warm sea water massage baths with algae salts, sauna, jacuzzi, there is also a steam room or Hammam that I did not try, I opted for a facial treatment while my friend had a whole body “gommage”, we had a hot sea-water-jet-massage, Hydrorelax that was super relaxing, warm “rain” massage, all with sea-water and local marine products such as algae treatments and marine mud packs, a dietetic seminar and acupuncture seminar etc. The staff are all charming and help you to relax while they explain the treatment. The planning must be very complicated, who goes to which room for which treatment by which person but it all worked out impeccably. Walks along the sea front (only 300 m across the dunes) or into town (2 km) in the afternoon, where we found some really interesting niche shops; and a relaxed 3-course dinner each evening in the hotel restaurant. There were organised walks on two mornings with a knowledgeable guide but we had treatment sessions each morning so could not sign up. In spite of all the exercise, I did not lose any weight as the breakfasts were copious and I could not abstain, and dinner was too good not to eat every last bite, always with a choice of meat or fish. The desserts were a delight to see as well as tasting good! Perhaps if I had not drunk a glass of wine each evening . . . My skin was positively glowing and smooth after the week and I like to think that my wrinkles are less pronounced although that probably will not last! It was my first thalasso holiday and I thoroughly recommend it. I am planning to go again next year, probably with the same friend as we got on very well and it was fun to share experiences.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Good three night stay with dinner in the evenings. Bedrooms are large with wooden floors. Each room has a balcony with a table and chairs. Tea and coffee making facilities are also available.
Breakfast was a bit of a "scrum" since the group of 30 plus other individuals staying in the hotel, caused a queue for juice, glasses having been used, and also the lack of plates and cups. However with patience and the knack of operating the coffee machine, everyone was happy. There was also a good selection of cold meats, cheese and different types of bread.
There is a large indoor pool, but it is a condition that everyone wears a bathing hat and shoes (more money of course for the hotel's coffers if we wanted to purchase these items), and something we weren't aware of. Also Bermuda shorts were not allowed in the Sauna. In Finland no one wears anything at all and it is a natural function.
There is a hairdressing salon on site, advertisements for massages and hire of bicycles also, plus a boutique selling numerous bathing costumes.
The food was good although on our first night we had medallions of lamb which looked delectable on the serving plate, but most of the group found it to be too undercooked, which of course how French people prefer meat to be cooked. This was remedied on the following evenings.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoundlessEnergy
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This was a 4 night stay as part of a Brittany Ferries holiday. The hotel is perfectly acceptable, but very isolated. You need to drive to the beach, shops and restaurants. The room was spacious with a big bed and balcony.
Breakfast is fully self service, and the counter is against a wall so only one side can be used. So a bit manic at times. The scrambled eggs were excellent on two occasions. Beware unfathomable toaster, and the two otherwise identical coffee machines where the 8 possible selections were on different buttons!
Dinner is complicated. It is only available by pre-reservation. If you are not on half board you can only have the a la carte. The food was good and averaged €60 a head plus drinks. The dining room is somewhat soulless. Pre diner drinks are also complicated. Someone has to be despatched from the restaurant to serve you, and though there is a drinks menu the staff are largely undertrained, so the result is very hit and miss.
The outdoor swimming pool has been heated, but is unloved and lightly used. On the two occasions I used it I had to get someone from reception to unlock the access gate, wind off the cover and remove the automatic cleaner. However they did this willingly. It has been heated, but all heating and filtration is now turned off! I wouldn't like to say what it will be like in August. The main lift broke down for 3 days during our stay, but there is another that can be used, which is normally for the apartment block adjoining.
We did not use the next door spa, but a swimming cap is compulsory if you use the indoor pool there. For many it is the reason for using this hotel. I thought the towelling robes at breakfast were a bit much! One further caution. I have seen it advertised as a no smoking hotel, but it isn't. Lots of full ashtrays by the pool, and we couldn't use our balcony for the cigarette smoke of others. There is no air conditioning in the rooms so leaving the balcony door open at night was a must....after the neighbours had finished smoking.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This hotel which is connected with a spar is really relaxing.
The hotel is situated in a quiet forest setting.
.The restaurant IS EXCELLENT with traditional French cooking.
The spar has every convenience, for bring your body back to fitness

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Booked the hotel late after bad experience at another hotel in the resort. Friendly and welcoming staff ensured we had a room to suit us. The room was spacious as was its balcony. The spa is as good as it gets with an enormous pool and all the usual add ons. the restaurant provides a first class menu and our waiter was able to explain all the dishes and suggest a wine to taste. Th hotel is near the beach and the excellent golf course.We would have liked to stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Stephane C, Responsable réception at Hotel Atlantic Thalasso & Spa Valdys, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear,
Thank you for your message. Thank you for our teams, we convey your satisfaction. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Saint Jean de Monts,
Best regard.