All reviews booked through brittany ferries villa heating furniture accommodation loungers weather june
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Clearly overpriced comparing to the market standards. By far!
And it's not even closed to the beach. It's very far from the beaches.
If, at least the servicing was at the minimum level you should expect for such a price... But no! Not at all.
Electricity? Not included into the price.
Wifi? Not included!!!
TV? not included !!!!!

They just want your money and don't care of the customers. "Client is king"... They surely never heard about this.

Don't try. You'll find much better solutions very easily.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mawax
ServiceClientele, Guest Relations at Le Domaine de Vertmarines, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for your comments and I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the villas at Le Domaine de Vertmarines.

We have taken a note of these extra charges and we are looking to make a few changes for the very near future as this system didn't seem to be working.

Meanwhile, results so far this year are high customer satisfaction rates as we work towards more sensible check in/out procedures which are more suited to our client's needs.

If you wish to try us again please get in contact with me at Summer France, I would be more than happy to sort you out the best rates.

Kind regards
Ginny

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

After reading lots of reviews here we were quite concerned that it would be disappointing. We prepared and read the small print so took everything we needed including cleaning kit, duvets and all the little kitchen bits that make life easier. I pre ordered linen and took bath mats and towels. We were pleasantly surprised as it was one of the best equipped we've stayed in for a very good price. The villa was immaculately clean on arrival and even stocked with toilet rolls and kitchen rolls which was nice. We struggled a little with the stiff pool cover and the pool only reached 76 even though we requested heating our electricity and water bill only came to 77euros for the week so it must have reached its maximum temperature - still a bit chilly! The villa was exactly as described but I think we were very lucky with a beautifully manicured garden and pool area. Some of the other villas and communal areas were looking a bit scruffy. We did hear a couple of pool alarms on windy nights but it didn't bother us too much as it was fairly chilly for end August and didn't need windows open at night. We took our own DVD player and cable so as not to hire one but did need to buy the TV paying card 7 euros a day in order to watch our DVDs. The surrounding area we weren't too keen on. St Jean de monts is a high rise front although the esplanade was lovely for riding bikes. No surf waves here as the sea is flat so nice for small children. Lots of campsites etc it felt quite built up outside the domaine and we personally prefer the landais empty pine forests and beaches further south which are better for our bikes. All in all a very reasonably priced break just not far south enough to guarantee the sunshine! Ps I'm sorry I can't remember which number we had it was a 3 bed single storey either 52 or 54

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2015

We arrived on a Saturday, checked in, we were given a list of what we had to clean on the day we left, well, unbelievable for the start of your holiday with a threat of fines if you did not comply, We went to the villa, we pulled back the cover on the pool, it was full of leaves, the water level was low and we had previously asked for the pool to be heated, it was not.
The kettle did not boil to the full temperature, it also switched itself on when it was off, it took four days for the kettle to be replaced, the excuse was, permission was needed from the director.
On the Sunday night there was an electrical storm, it knocked out the electricity to the bathrooms, toilets and kitchen
We reported this to reception, who said they would have it fixed during the day, we went out for the day, came home about 7pm, NO ELECTRICITY, ..Lucky we did not get home after 8pm as reception is closed, however the maintenance man came down, reset the board but we still had no electricity to the bathrooms etc. He said it will be fixed next day, Again we went out for the day, came home, no electricity again, complained to reception, within 30 minutes 2 electricians turned up, They could not get the electric working fully, bathroom toilets and kitchen still not working.

We moved to another villa when we came home from going out the next day, the move was after we had been out all day, we finished at 9.30pm, by now really upset but glad we were moving.

The next day, the receptionist told us we had to be out of the new villa by 4pm and to move back to the origional vill, saying the electricity was fixed, We had keys to bot villas, checked out the old one, the electricity still was not fixed, the receptionist insisting we move as the villa we were now in was intended for new arrivals and we had to clean this villa or they would send in the cleaners and charge (for one day use)

I refused, we phoned Brittany Ferries who told us to stay put, if all failed they would relocate us to a hotel, later on Brittany Ferries sorted it and we stayed put

On the day before leaving, the receptionist walked in the villa and told us a lady would be here next at 9.30 to inspect our villa which made us feel like naughty children

NEVER NEVER AGAIN, THE MOST STRESSFUL HOLIDAY WE EVER HAD

Room Tip: Bring a torch
Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank DavePoodle
ServiceClientele, Responsable relations clients at Le Domaine de Vertmarines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Dave,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us at Le Domaine de Vertmarines and your subsequent and understandable discontent with your holiday experience.

It seems you were unhappy with some of our procedures and also had some smaller problems which were of course exacerbated by the major, unforeseen problem of the electrical storm and subsequent consequences.

Regarding the cleaning, you should have been made aware by your tour operator prior to your arrival that end-of-stay cleaning is not incldued in our prices and therefore cleints are expected to the the property on departure. The inventory and cleaning guidlelines presented on arrival when the damage and cleaning deposit are taken, are not designed to threaten clients but rather to remind them of the cleaning procedure and what is expected to be cleaned or not. I'm sorry if you did not appreciate the manner in which this process was conducted.

I'm sorry that your kettle was faulty and that in turn it took so long to be replaced. Please be assured that this is not normal and in your case I imagine we did not have any replacement kettles in stock at the time, hence the need for a new one to be purchased with the approval of the site manager.

The electrical storm was of course an uncontrolable natural event which unfortunately had major consequences for your holiday. Although highly frustrating, I'm sure you can understand that sometimes it may not be possible to repair such an electrical fault immediately and that these situations are difficult for all parties involved. However it is also clear that our staff could have managed the situation and your expectations better by immediately offering to move you to another villa (either at Le Domaine de Vertmarines or elsewhere) or by giving a more realistic timeframe for the repairs to be completed. This would have avoided the strange situation whereby you were moved to a new villa before being told to move back to the old one once the repairs had been made.

I'm very pleased you managed to contact your tour operator, Brittany Ferries, and that they were able to find a solution to the issue of moving villas with our staff on site. I'm sure that they also liaised with our Customer Service Team in order to come to a satsifactory agreement considering the issues you experienced as a whole.

Kind Regards
UK Customer Services Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

We have just returned from a fantastic week in 2 villas at the domaine. We chose this type of holiday with 2 young children so we could drive down with everything plus grandparents!
Good points to note
- reception speak clear english
- I was aware of all charges in advance as my booking agent (select villas) was wonderful. They were very little on check out less than 50e for water & electric.
- we opted to heat the pool
- villas 92 &95 connect by gate in the garden great for families travelling together
- villa 95 pool is dome covered so safe for children
- villas had everything we needed and I could make food for the children anytime. Normal size fridge and small freezer in kitchen. Microwave, kettle, coffee machine, dishwasher even in kitchen.
- lovely garden completely enclosed with loungers, 8 seats around table and built in bbq.
- safe and quiet around you, we sat out in the evenings until late
- Fantastic takeaway service, everything and anything at Restaurant/ Pizzeria Le Valentin in Avenue Valentin.
- Lidl, super u and intermarche nearby for shopping
- day trip to noirmoutier over the causeway, beautiful place and lovely beach for children
Other points to note
- don't bother renting TV in villa unless you speak French as there are no English channels
- no wifi as yet in villas, but there is free wifi at reception
- there are no duvets it's blankets and sheets

I'm happy to answer questions about this property and hope you have a good stay like us, im already booking for next year!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank kohoh
Reviewed 14 July 2015

We booked to stay here through Brittany Ferries without knowing the exact location of our accommodation. It should have been fantastic but we were still seething about our experiences at Le Domaine de Vertmarines a full day after getting home and there is no way we would ever consider booking a stay there again.
The tone was set as soon as we arrived, we were given a sheet to mark off any damage which we were to hand back the next morning – exactly what you want to go through after an early start and a long drive. It’s so unwelcoming to be given the officious inventory to wade through, especially as we’d requested mid stay and end of stay cleaning already. As you can see from the attached photos, the villa was not exactly what you’d describe as spotless when we arrived either.
The next morning when we returned the form, we specifically reported that kettle and a bedside lamp were dangerous and needed to be changed. The lid on the kettle couldn’t be secured and splashed water out as it boiled and made pouring a dangerous affair. The lamp was loose and clearly unsafe, especially as it was in a child’s room. Neither were exchanged during our stay despite repeated requests.
We then tried to book cleaning but were told we’d have to pay 144 Euros for a 3 bed villa rather than the 96 Euros for the two bedroom villa which we’d booked. We might have been “upgraded” but as already stated the villa was a bit shabby and we had no need of the extra room so I contested the demand for an extra 48 Euros (this meant I had to go back the next day with my booking paperwork to show I’d booked a 2 bed at which point they relented and let me pay €96 but the mid stay clean was still €59).
Despite paying for the mid stay clean and agreeing a day for it to happen, no cleaner arrived. We were told some tall tale about them not having a spare key but a) they didn’t request ours b) they said it was best the cleaner came when we were out and c) anyway, if they did have our key that would mean we’d have to be back before the office shut that day or face being locked out. They wouldn’t refund the money, they said they’d just take it off our electricity bill.
Additionally, the maintenance man would appear in our back garden with no warning and top up the pool or set sprinklers out for the garden. Not only was this a clear breach of our privacy but when he’d refill the pool this would cut our water supply, this was somewhat suboptimal when trying to get up in the mornings and take a shower. I hadn’t realised until check out that we would pay for water as well as electricity or I’d have enquired why he was watering a garden which could be best described as scrub land, especially on the day when heavy thunderstorms were forecast (and which duly arrived to water the land for free) or topping the pool up the day before we left.
There were other issues, for example with the parking: our garage was full with the owner’s stuff so we couldn’t use that, there was no drive and, when the villa opposite parked their two cars such that there was no room for our car, we had nowhere to park. The information folder had nothing on how to operate the heating (it was very cold the first two mornings) and the instructions for the pool alarm were wrong. Our pool wasn’t fenced whereas many of the others were and ours had loose paving slabs around the edge. Also although the garden backed on to an external road there was just a wire face so it wasn't very private or secure. Most notably, it stated that noise after 10pm is strictly forbidden but when the house behind our villa (off the complex) had a very, very noisy party until 3am no one was on hand to ask them to stop.
The final insult was the check-out process, despite going to reception each day to collect our bread order we were only told we had to book a check out slot on the penultimate day of our holiday. Whichever time I picked I was told it was “difficult” even though it’s their own ridiculous system so you’d think they’d be expecting to do it. When they lady arrived she silently went from room to room making us feel like naughty schoolchildren. When she’d finished I asked if it was ok and she said yes, and handed us the original inventory back. Fortunately I looked at this and noticed she’d written down that the sofa was damp (our 21 month old had spilled some mineral water on it moments before she arrived and there was no time for it to dry, as you can see from photos the sofa was actually stained when we arrived). She also noted there was a bottle of washing up liquid in the kitchen (it is bizarre to not ask whether we are taking it, just note it down for an extra charge) and that the kitchen was “very dirty”. The kitchen was not “very dirty”, it needed the surfaces wiping down but we’d paid for both mid and end of stay cleaning – and they hadn’t shown up to actually perform the mid-stay clean! My wife was livid as she’d been to ask what was covered by the end of stay clean on the Thursday and had been told “everything”. Then when we checked out they said “the kitchen is not covered by the end of stay clean”. I am sorry but what is the point of an end of stay clean which excludes the kitchen? And they didn’t tell us until after we‘d had the final inspection and this fully contradicted what they’d said two days earlier (their excuse was that the lady who’d told us that was “new”.
I’d read about the slightly odd cleaning policy in other reviews but had thought if we played their game and paid for cleaning it would all be fine, but no.
Again in silence I was given the charges for water and electricity although no initial readings were taken and no rate per unit is given so who knows whether this was accurate or not. I’d suggest that €358 for 13 days when we were out most of the time and it was so hot during the days that the sun would’ve heated the pool is excessive. By this time though I couldn’t be bothered to contest it, we’ll never go back and they can have the TripAdvisor review they deserve.
We were extremely disappointed with Le Domaine de Vertmarines. Their service is appalling and we left feeling cheated and ripped off.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family