See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We stayed here only for one night. HOwever, it was better experience than in Paris! We really liked that! Near by there is a french store where you can buy local groceries. The prices are way better then in Paris area. The hotel itself is fantastic. The staff was superb friendly

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2016

This is a very basic hotel but it is clean, good value and located very conveniently near to the stadium. Getting a taxi back to the train station in the morning took a little while but not terrible. No frills, at all, but comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Modern 3-stars hotel near the Grand Stadium and the highway. Very practical,with internet,good parking,great brekfast for 6,15€ ,and the best-very friendly staff. The noise from the stadium and the highway is simply to annulated by closing the window.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I have been a member of tripadvisor for a while, I've travelled a lot around the world but this is the first time ive been appalled enough to write a review.

I booked this hotel on booking.com with no issues for 4 nights, the price was very reasonable so no complaints there and on arrival the first impression of the hotel was good as its a clean and modern budget hotel. The rooms were fine too, basic but modern so again no complaints however our room wasn't cleaned in 4 nights which is pretty poor.

Anyway the reason im giving such a poor review is not due to the hotels décor but due to the poor management of the staff where ive extorted. On arrival I was to pay for the hotel which was no issue however as I attempted to pay via card there was a problem with the card terminal and so I agreed to pay via cash and I proceeded to pay the full amount in euros only to find on my return to England that the card payment also went through so I was in fact charged twice!!

For the past two weeks Ive attempted to contact the hotel about what I thought was an honest mistake however the fact they've chosen to ignore my emails suggest this may have been calculated and I advise you to avoid this hotel and this chain.

If I continue to be ignored by the hotel I will pursue this matter with my bank and I can say I will certainly not be booking another B&B hotel on my future travels for the foreseeable future.

AVOID!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Blandine D, Gérant at B&B Hotel Lille Grand Stade, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

Dear Sir,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time in leaving your comment on TripAdvisor about our hotel. Your remarks are always extremely important for us and very helpful to constantly improve our services and the hotel quality.

I can't answer you regarding the fact that you have been charged twice, because I don't have all the elements to check that, but it's not a normal situation and we do apologise for that.

Could you please send me by mail your name and your booking number, so that I can check ?

My email adress : direction-4514@hotelbb.com.

Best regards,

Blandine DANIERE
Hotel manager

Reviewed 27 October 2014

Hotels in France are so expansive. This B&B should be the worst one we have been on our recent trip.
But, not all hotel fault indeed. The question is about people that insist on smoking inside the hotel rooms. Even on smoke-free ones. Rooms stinks! Smell as ash-trays.
That said, I have had to change from the first ash-tray, (ops room) to another one less stink.
A god point to the people who attend us kindly and have no guilt on this matter.

I really think it's time for a more rigorous rule on smoking on non-smoking rooms !!

Room Tip: Be aware about the possible bad smell on your room.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family