All reviews recommend this hotel the main square bike race wide range accor hotels stayed here for one night public areas hotel is situated lille museum pillows toilet entrance piscine bikes cyclists sockets
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Receptionist was rude and did not give any greeting after I said good evening his answer was what is your name .... I repeated good evening but did not get anything better in return ...
Smallest breakfast buffet I've seen in a mercure and such a small room it feels so cramped and uncomfortable ...
The site of the hotel mention parking available but it is street parking
Room was nice and spacious

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
h7951, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Roubaix Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Lille Roubaix Grand Hôtel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
With kind regards,
The Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the end of our short cycling tour. The hotel let us lock our bikes up in the secure underground car park, after which we checked in to our room which was wonderfully large and had all essentials. The electrics/lighting was a bit weird in our room as when you switched the lights off to go to sleep there was then no power to some of the sockets. Also I had thought there was aircon when I booked but discovered our room didn't have any so our sleep was rather disturbed because we were so hot we had to sleep with the windows overlooking the street wide open all night and it was consequently noisy and bright from street lights. Decent enough though so we would probably stay again if ever in Roubaix.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Lille Roubaix Grand Hotel
We duly noted your remarks regarding aircondittionning and kindly inform you that the hotel rooms now have airconditionning.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Kind regards,
The hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed here for one night. Hotel is a lovely building from the outside & foyer is very grand! Its in a great position just off the main square & just down the road from La Piscine art museum which was our main reason for staying here. Room was small for the money but nice & clean. No air con which was awful as it was very hot & a bit noisy with the window open! Only 2 pillows on the bed which were like bricks! Breakfast was included & was fine but the member of staff in there was very intimidating! It felt like she was watching our every move! She seemed to glare at us every time we went to get food! I went for a second cup of coffee & a crossaint & felt very guilty! I didn't dare get fruit which I wanted, certainly not a very pleasant relaxing experience! All in all a nice looking hotel in a good location but overpriced!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

When you arrive it looks rather smart and you think you have somewhere glamorous. It stops there. The privilege room was ok but nothing to write home about. Rooms weren't very large and very hot. Bathroom was quite small. We were only there one night on our way home to UK.
There's an underground car park, which isn't free - we had to pay but it is safe.
Staff were quite friendly, would have expected better especially as we are gold card members.
We ate in the dining room, food quite expensive, not a lot of choice but very good. It wasn't used by others so it was like eating in a barn. Its the same room for breakfast which we didn't feel was worth the money. Poor selection, we even had to ask for bread which they then had to cook? Felt it was the poorest we had had all holiday by far.
The hotel is situated in a good position and Roubaix is quite a quaint little town. We took the tram and then walked back through the park which was rather nice.
As a gold member you get a welcome drink, where else we went we got one each, here we had one per room?? how stupid.
We did have a problem concerning items in the room which have partly been solved but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor I would think
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We stayed 3 nights between Thursday-Sunday last week.

The building itself is in a beautiful, period property with many original features. Situated a stone's throw from the Mairie de Roubaix and the Metro, Shopping and Cafés. There is secure, underground parking available for free but only for smaller vehicles, our estate car was too big to try. Medium sized cars need to fold wing mirrors before attempting. The concierge advised me to park on the street which was right outside anyway. There is free parking available for loading/unloading right outside. There are several secure car parks nearby which are inexpensive.

Very friendly staff with excellent English and willing to humour and appreciate my French. Very kind and accomodating to the needs of our two children too providing high-chairs & cots spontaneously and without theatre.

Our top-floor suite was large and spacious with tall windows and views over the rooftops. We had air-con but never switched it on. Other members of my family were in rooms on lower floors and said it got quite hot but we were fine. They discussed it with hotel staff and were offered to change rooms but declined. I would have preferred a sofa in the room instead of two easy chairs but it was all very comfortable. Super-king bed, Wide screen HD TV, Ipod station, Coffee station, large separate bathroom with tub and separate power-shower. Lots of storage for clothes and chattels.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night which was superb. Excellent food, great presentation and excellent service. A good range of wines and regional beers as well.
The buffet breakfast in the morning included all the usuals, Fruit and fruit salad, cereals, fresh bread and freshly cooked pastries, a wide range of Coffee/Teas, cooked breakfast of usually scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages. Waiting staff were jolly and bright and very quick to replenish items that had run out. 10/10 really we thoroughly enjoyed it every morning.

There is a sauna/hammam/gym available and a pool as well (I think) but we never used this.

The hotel serves as a great city base to explore the area and is very close to Lille/Tourcoing too. The hotel was reasonably busy with a film crew working on the Ypres 100 year anniversary program but it didn't affect the good service.

I would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: July 2017