“Delicious Tapas”
Review of Forum

Forum
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Whalley
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 15
Description: Forum Is A Place To Meet & Socialise, Drink, Dine, Graze & Share. From Light Lunches, Mezes & Sharing Dishes To Globally Inspired Main Courses & Classic British Dishes, As Well As Expertely Created Cocktails, Craft Beers, Wines & Local Gins
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Went here last Sunday with my family. There was four of us and we got 8 tapas dishes (small plates) to share. They were delicious! My two favourite small plates/tapas were the chorizo and the spicy chicken wings. Just lovely, would definitely recommend.

1  Thank missjb23

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Forum serves tapas and small plates and when I visited for lunch with my husband, I asked for the allergen list, so I could decide what to have, makes life so much easier.   To start we ordered padron peppers and olives to share, whilst we decided on mains.
They were both delicious, so much so, we could have eaten double, the padron peppers were particularly good and well seasoned with salt.

I then had spiced aubergine, tomato, toasted pine nuts and coriander, asking for extra to replace the feta cheese, thick cut chips and an undressed side salad. I hope the spiced aubergine is never taken off the menu, it is an awesome dish, perfectly cooked (nothing worse than badly cooked aubergine) with a crunch of pine nuts, hint of spice and fragrant coriander.   I mixed the aubergine with my salad, as the oil it was cooked in, made a perfect dressing and was too good to leave.   The thick cut chips were crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, I loved all of it.

My husband had the halloumi, pepper and courgette kebabs, spiced aubergine salad and fries. He could not fault this dish either, he said it was delicious.

We could not complain about anything, service was good and based on the food and it being so easy to choose something vegan, with the allergen list readily available, we will definitely revisit.

1  Thank Veganolive1
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I have visited the Forum on several occasions, always during the day time however and have had no need to book in advance. I have never been disappointed by the service or the quality of the food. There is an excellent choice at reasonable prices. The staff are pleasant and attentive, in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Although I would not necessarily recommend this for family eating, I have in the past taken my grandchild with me without any issues.

1  Thank JosieF1958
Reviewed 15 February 2017

We called in for a weekday late afternoon snack and it was dead. That was probably due to us missing the lunchtime rush and the town being very quiet.
Instead of what we thought would be a snack, our fish finger sandwich arrived as a very large meal! So large, the both of us could not eat it all. It was beautifully presented, hit and freshly cooked accompanied by mushy peas and thick cut chips...... lots of. The service was excellent and I guess this place could get very busy in the evenings with drinkers.
It was actually Valentine's Day, and whilst we do not celebrate these occasions, I note that Forum had not highlighted this and wonder had they done something to promote the occasion, it would have added to their business. Simple touches like a small banner in the window, hearts dangling from the ceiling or on the napkins and a single red rose on the tables would have done it.
There you have it. My ideas for next time! Whalley is the type of place where people would go for such a celebration.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

First visit here after it was highly recommended but sadly it was very disappointing service was ok starters ok but main were how can I put it crap burnt burnt dry burgers and the duck wasn't shredded but diced all in all it spoilt our night and the manager wasn't interested at all until we pushed for something to be done