“Outstanding!”

Breda Murphy Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Whalley
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Deli, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fall in love with menus inspired by great British food and Breda Murphy’s stunning surroundings. From breathtaking views and valleys to star-studded skies, the Ribble Valley offers a picture-perfect backdrop for Breda Murphy Restaurant and Delicatessen. Located in Whalley and nestled in the heart of an area of outstanding natural beauty, the restaurant features a ground floor dining area, Reilly’s Bar boasting an exclusive list of wines, ales and spirits, plus a luxury private dining area located on the upper floor. Breda Murphy also features a standalone delicatessen which serves delicious, natural and seasonal deli plus hot drinks and refreshments available for take-out. The award-winning Breda Murphy Restaurant and Delicatessen has been delighting visitors with modern British and Irish cuisine inspired by the Breda’s home region of County Carlow, and Lancashire’s Ribble Valley since 2006. With Gareth Bevan as head chef, its unmistaken commitment to great food, style and down-to-earth service has won UK awards and many a local friend in the process. Popular dishes include market fish of the day with brown shrimps, Cornish crab salad, roast fillet of Bowland beef and Breda Murphy’s classic fish pie. Complement your dish with one of Breda’s fine wines and spirits found in her extensive Reilly’s Bar wine list. The restaurant also serves breakfast Friday to Sunday and Sunday lunch. The delicatessen offers seasonal deli, light breakfasts, cakes and coffees together with takeout meals and sandwiches. Customers can also place and collect outside catering orders.
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We were very eager to return after the refurbishment and we were not disappointed! The refurbished dining room was very stylish and we were very impressed! Service was great and very attentive. The food was impeccable, especially the sea bass, it was the best sea bass I have ever tried! A great choice for kids too, even my kids said that it was amazing! Will definitely be returning soon!

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank GingerPrincess11
Starfish51, Manager at Breda Murphy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Many thanks for the review, we are delighted that you enjoyed our new surroundings and food, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We cycled to BM, my favourite eatery ever, I had king prawns and then chicken, my hubby had beetroot and then salmon. The food is just 'to die for'. It was our 4th visit as we don't live nearby but we always try and get there once a year since it was recommended to us! The standard of decor, food, everything really is top class!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Starfish41, Manager at Breda Murphy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Many thanks for the kind words, hopefully see you again on your next cycling visit!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Visited Breda Murphy after passing and seeing how popular it's become after refurbishment. This is a little Jem and just round the corner so will be visiting again for breakfast and afternoon tea. Host and staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the food, Breda takes the time to speak to all her customers. Lovely food, surroundings and had a nice atmosphere!

1  Thank Matthew c
Starfish41, Manager at Breda Murphy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Matthew, Many thanks for the 'first visit', delighted you enjoyed your visit, we look forward to seeing you back soon! Kind Regards G

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We went to BM's last night with friends and has a fantastic meal. I had falafels to start which were so tasty followed by sea bass - perfectly cooked and everything was packed with flavour. My one concern was what the atmosphere was going to be like - I was worried it was going to be too quiet. Not a bit of it - great buzz, good craic and excellent food. Best food in Whalley by a mile.

1  Thank Jnunu1974

Many thanks for the review, we're delighted that you enjoyed our evening dining and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards G

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I had been looking forward to returning to Breda Murphy's especially after the refurbishment, I waited until my daughter was free and we could have a good catch up over lunch.
It started going wrong straight away when originally we were told the soup of the day was vegetable and we both decided on that, when we were ordering we were told it had now changed to carrot and coriander which none of us wanted so my daughter went for the pate, well it was well presented but unusual to have a brioche sort of small loaf on the plate but she tried to slice it and it just crumbled to bits, I tried some and it was bone dry, I called a waitress over to explain and to show the chef the problem, she was very apologetic and asked if she wanted anything else which she didn't, I went for the tempura king prawns which were well cooked and ok.
For mains my daughter said she never fancied anything on the menu really so went for the turkey sandwich, now call me picky but a sandwich has two slices of bread so you can pick it up to eat it, this one had one slice, she said it was dry but the proper chips as a side dish were good.
I went for the fish pie which I'd had previously, it's served now in a metal pan and retains its heat for a good 30 mins, last time I said it was brilliant this time not so good, it had dry pieces of fish in it which made for a strange texture, I told the waitress this when paying.
We never went for deserts as we were put off by our experience, I'm really gutted as I have recommended this place to loads of people at work, I'm afraid I won't be doing so again or returning anytime soon.

2  Thank 1969steveb
Starfish41, Manager at Breda Murphy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Hi Steve, Many thanks for your feedback and naturally we are disappointed that you weren't satisfied with your experience especially after you looking forward to returning to see our refurbishment. I'd be grateful if you could get in touch with Breda via email with your contact details so that we can try and make things right. Email: (FAO Breda) hello@bredamurphy.co.uk