All reviews one star before dinner lovely property vosges mountains cuisine reputation alpine wines delight products alsace route chalet receptionist french
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I have dined many times at Chalet Fleuri, having a farmhouse nearby. I was thus delighted to take my sister and brother in law there for dinner. The new maitre d’ was not friendly. There was a slow process to order wine. In fact we had to grab someone to order. The first course was served incorrectly with my vegetarian sister chomping on foire gras before we realized they’d served the wrong plates to the wrong people.
My nephew is in the hotel business and had explained wine is not left on the table. I assured my guests that at Chalet Fleuri whilst the wine is not on the table the service is such that they top up without you having to think about it. This was not the case. On asking for a carafe of house white after the first bottle, we were told they would have to ask the boss. She explained no and pointed us to cheap bottles on various pages of the wine bible.
We enjoy good food. But not a headmistress telling us what we may or may not have.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Always a delight to be back in this family run hotel. The hotel is built around its reputation of an excellent restaurant and it is like this in all aspect! Activities around are plenty full We luck in with an incredible landscape of snow! Worth a trip!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Easy to find, just a few kilometers out of Gerardmer you will arrive in a nice domain. No problem to find a spot on the hotel owned parking; from there you can easily access the hotel. We were warmly welcome and the reception explained us what we needed to known. Our room was ready and we had a great view of the local nature from our roof terrace. During our stay we enjoyed also the restaurant of the hotel and it was amazing! Excellent local kitchen with great quality products and served by a great service team..... They took perfectly care of us and it was a great culinary experience. I would like to highlight the great wine list with a lot of quality wines by the glass or by 20cl or 50cl. So you can also enjoy great wines if you are only a couple.... To finalize if you are looking for a time-out in the nature in a typical mountain design resort and you like great food, I warmly can recommend this location, not cheap, but great value for money.....

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We crossed from Alsace to Vosges
Another wonderful experience
Now to rest in another Relais
Chateaux
Well appointed rooms
Fabulous restaurant
The menu gastronomic was excellent
Would suggest reduce size of portions
Friendly and competent staff

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

A stunning area and a lovely property. Superb local cuisine and excellent local wines in the exemplary restaurant. The rooms were lovely and the local area has wonderful walking - a true mini-switzerland.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple