“Worth a visit”
Review of Manorbier Castle

Manorbier Castle
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Manorbier
More attraction details
Owner description: The birthplace of the 12th-century scholar, Gerald of Wales.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have visited so many times over the years, having attended weddings here, a great location and very picturesque, well worth a visit, lovely grounds.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"nearby beach"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Whenever we visit Pembrokeshire Manorbier Castle is on our must do list !!

The location is breathtaking and the castle is magical, it just oozes atmosphere

It’s not a big castle but a nice way to spend a few hours , easy to explore. Great towers to climb and amazing views from the top . A few surprises for the kids with a room where you can dress up

The Gardens are lovely and an excellent tea room

Not expensive, friendly staff and would highly recommend a visit to Manorbier Castle

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I had my dog, they were happy she came in with me, had an organic soya cappuccino, I was impressed they had dairy free options. You sit in the grounds of the castle and don’t need to pay entry if you’re only using the cafe.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We were in the area early in the morning so we only had a chance to look around part of the outside , what we seen looked like it was quite a nice Castle with a great view over looking the sea.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Having stumbled upon this castle in 2016 I finally achieved my wish to spend Christmas and New Year in a castle. Although my intention was a castle in Scotland this castle proved more than anything I could ever have hoped for as it was magical,mystical and marvellous. It has cast a spell over myself and my family that we will never forget.The setting is just stunning and I can only agree with Gerald of Wales when he said it was the pleasantest place in Wales.The sea on one side and the rollings hills on the other. Unlike Pembroke which only looks out on steel works and a boring town. The gardens are wonderful and the small winding stairways within the towers are full of mystery and history. Around the castle is the dovecot and old mill and along the coastal path is a quoit.This castle is truly magical, The staff of Katie, Lynda, Rachel, Hannah and Jane are lovely ladies and were absolutely wonderful during our stay for which we give them a heartfelt thanks.