“Super pasta”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Really good pasta. Took the funghi with trufa and was very tasteful. My son (5 years) had spaghetti bolognese. Small portion. He took some of me and loved it. Good quality price

Reviewed 5 May 2016

I hate to run against the general tide of praise for this restaurant. Certainly, The serving staff are friendly, hard working and attentive. The food arrives very quickly, rather worryingly quickly. It's is generally very busy which adds a certain lively, almost frenetic atmosphere. But the food is slightly thrown together in a rather industrial fashion. There are no frills, no touches to demonstrate cooking skill or effort. It's an Italian resto from the 1970s - lots of hand movements, utterances of 'Mama' and ' Prego' and time warp cuisine. Except it hasn't been around that long, which is a bit weird. True, the food isn't wildly expensive but how much should it cost to serve up supermarket pasta and ragu? I found it fine, not great and I think it's position in the ranking says maybe more about Canet restos than this resto in particular.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

We have a holiday home in Canet and know the area well. This restaurant has been open for about three years and offers the best value in town. It may not be the best food or the best environment or the best service but taken across the piece, it offers the best value.
Pasta mains are about £10 with generous portions, wine at £17 and two people can eat well for £40. We went in a Wednesday in April and they were turning people away from this 80 seater restaurant, so book!

1  Thank Vigilant2013
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere, busy restaurant where many locals eat, friendly staff, great choice of pasta dishes that are very reasonably priced, taste very fresh and served quickly, good selection of wine and great decoration.
Highly recommend !!

Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

Although my partners meal was nice, her words, I couldn't eat mine, it was horrid! I had veal which was full of gristle and the plate was swimming in oil. Not only did I leave it but none of the staff even noticed until we were leaving! They took my plate to the chef who agreed it was bad and shouldn't have left the pass !! Needless to say they didn't charge me for it but I won't be going back

2  Thank timwK5172LQ