“Very good, but pricey”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The First Watch is the closest (not counting McDonalds) breakfast restaurant to my new residence. When I checked the menu, I found many selections. I like a simple country breakfast (eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, grits and a biscuit). Not on this menu. I opted for the Tri-Fecta: 2 eggs, a waffle and bacon. It was quite good and served with a very nice presentation. My server was very nice. The meal (including iced tea and gratuity) came to $16; a bit much for breakfast. I think I will stay with the local country places where I can an equally good meal for half the cost.

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thanks so much! We're happy to hear that you enjoy the variety our menu has to offer and that you enjoyed your meal as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

First Watch is my favorite breakfast stop in Johns Creak. The food and service is consistently good. They had a wide variety of options on the menu. I recommend the egg hash selections but the pancakes are good too.

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thanks for stopping by, Mike! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal and experienced great service as well. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We did a father's day brunch and the menu choices were numerous and varied. The food was very good. The service was excellent. Skillet dishes were tasty. You will wait to get in on a busy day but worth the wait.

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thanks for the great review, Thomas! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal and experienced excellent service as well. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We stopped here for breakfast on our way to play golf. The place was very clean and comfortable. I had the french toast and well done bacon. Usually when I ask for my bacon well done I have to send it back to be cooked some more. Not here...they got it right the first time. My husband had scrambled eggs, bacon, and a waffle. I had some of his waffle and it was very good. Our server, Wen, was excellent.

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thanks so much, Cheryl! We're happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your meals with us and experienced excellent service as well. We hope to see you both again soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

My husband ordered the Eggs Benedict, and I ordered the Chile Chorizo Omelet.

When our food arrived, I realized the omelet had no chorizo. I asked the waitress whether this was the right order? She left the table and returned 5 minutes later. She offered no apology, and only said, very curtly, "That IS the right order, it just doesn't have any chorizo." And she placed a bowl of dry chorizo on the table. By that time, I had cut into the rest of the omelet thinking the chorizo might be somewhere, and found every piece of avocado rotten and black. I pointed out the avocado. Still no apology for the food. Instead she asked, incredulously, if I wanted another one made? I replied no, and to take this entree off of our bill. I did not eat it.

She came back and placed a bill on our table with no comment. We went up to the front to pay, and when we did, she followed us up there and stood there.
At no time, were we anything other than polite, and at no time, did we ever receive an apology, a visit from a manager, or were ever asked how our experience had been. Our only interaction with the waitress/wait staff were the interactions mentioned above.

Throughout the years, we have been frequent diners at the Johns Creek location. Two years ago, after our debit card was charged for our bill and someone else's, and it took our receipt, print-out from our bank, and time to credit our card by the location manager, we continued to return. The last few visits have been lacking in service. This is the first time I have ever received such poor food or service at a restaurant that I have been compelled to email corporate or write a review.

We will not return to First Watch again. I think you may be interested in improving service at the location.

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Thank you for your recent visit and for this feedback, Jessica. We're very sorry that you received poor service and did not enjoy your omelet with us. We take our service and food very seriously and it is upsetting to know this is how your visit went. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns - we will address them immediately. We do hope you give us another try in the future.