New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
salt lake city
“Exceptional Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed here 2 nights at the end of our trip and was very happy with the hotel. The rooms are clean and a fair size if you don't have a roll away in there. The staff is incredible. So nice and helpful and professional. The hotel rooms do not any coffee in the room but had a pot delivered in the morning.This hotel offers a great deal for getting into Paris. They have a big bus (like the tour buses you see) pick you up at the hotel at 10AM and drops you off near the Opera/Comedie Francais and picks you up at the same spot at 6pm, the best part is, is it is only 10 euros per person (or 5 each way if you were going to stay in Paris later.) We did have drinks at the hotel bar and they are kinda pricey, about 15 euros for a glass of wine. If you can get the breakfast included in your price that is a good deal. The hotel also has a free shuttle to/from the airport. Second time I have stayed there and will stay again. Great pool and workout areas as well. Can't hear planes and tons of little bunnies outside in the clover areas.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Perkinscat,

I was delighted to learn that you have appreciated your Stay in our Hotel. I have shared your comments with the Team!

Thank you again for your feedback and The Team and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle in the near future. Let me know!

Kind regards

Gautier Py
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Allen, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I am a loyal Hyatt Gold Passport member and this was my third stay at a Hyatt on my three week European vacation and this one was the poorest of the three, showing a lot of wear and tear. The internet did not work at all and it was impossible to get a simple cup of coffee in the morning before heading to catch our flight. I had to beg it from the lady at the breakfast buffet because there was none in the room and not bar open in the lobby to serve just coffee. We certainly did not need to pay for a breakfast buffet just to get coffee. The main value here was the proximity to the airport, which almost did not work out because the shuttle was full when we got on (party of 4), if the other folks ahead of us would have had one more we would have been out.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear TXWayne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed the location of the hotel.
However I have shared your feedback with the Team as there is no reason for having difficulties to order a coffee in the Morning especially as our Bar is open in the Morning and we do even Take Away facilities.

Regarding Internet, We were in the middle of a 260.000 Euros Project and this is maybe the reason why the Internet was unstable at some time. Let me ensure you that the situation is now resolved and we have an amazing Wifi coverage with one Hotspot per Room.

Once again, thank you again for your feedback and I really hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle. If you need to stay in the area, do not hesitate to contact me directly at gautier.py@hyatt.com so I can assist you with the reservation.

Kind regards

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Hyatt at CDG is about 10 minutes from Terminal 3. Unlike other hotels, the Hyatt has a courtesy shuttle every 10 minutes (takes about 10 minutes to get there). The property itself is very tastefully done with an impressive lobby+cafe+atrium. The rooms are clean and very inviting. The hotel is mostly used by airline staff.

Unfortunately, the bathrooms (while being large by European standards) are poorly designed. The towel racks are far away from the shower stall and the robes hang in another corner. In the room I stayed in 1403, the bath tub was also cracked near the outlet.

Be warned that the water from the tap is far from being tasty and the hotel charges Euro 9 for one liter of bottle-- which by any standards is a major rip-off. Worse, check the bottle in the room to ensure that it is not an open bottle filled with tap water and screwed on (ours was like that). Breakfast is meager-- cereal, croissants, bread, and baguettes. No hot breakfast. Although I had club access charged, my key would not work on the doorway. The staff are incredibly helpful and polite; one came up from the reception to let me in.

The airport shuttle operates from about 6am to 11:45pm. If you don't get the last one, you have to be prepared to take a taxi and they are not quite helpful and do try to scalp stranded tourists. The hotel will not send the van back if you miss it or are stranded. The van itself carrys about 8 people. So, if you want to be sure to catch it get there a bit early and be prepared to elbow your way in as there is no line. Don't wait till the last moment to catch the shuttle in the morning since you have to compete with airline staff leaving to catch their flight.

To get the shuttle, take the CDG Val to Terminal 3 and walk straight to the exit. Suggest you take the last car as it will be closer to the elevator and escalator. If not, you will be elbowing your way through. If you are taking the RER, get down at CDG-1 (right after Parc d'exposition) and take the escalator up. Once you cross the metro gates, walk towards the main exit gates. Unfortunately, there is a lot of metro work going on till November 2012, so you will have to change trains at Gare du Nord. You will need to proceed to platform 32 and take the RER. Signage is poor but workers are in general very helpful and guide you. A bit of French will help but they will soon recognize that this is an alien language to you so they switch to their meager English. However, the number of English speakers in France has increased greatly so don't despair. Account for about an hour to get to the airport and another 20 minutes to get to check-in lines.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the courtyard to avoid the airport noise. In any case, the hotel has good sound...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kaataan
Dear Kaataan

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle.

I am delighted to learn that you have appreciated our shuttle service, the service in general and the Hotel atmosphere especially with our atrium which mesured 21 meters realised by Helmut Jahn.

I have noted your comment regarding the bathtube and the bathroom and I have asked the Director of Maintenance to investigate and to take necessary actions.
Regarding Breakfast, we unfortunately only serve complimentary continental Breakfast at the Regency Club lounge. The full American Breakfast with a hot buffet section is served in our Apollo Restaurant.

Thank you again for your feedback shared with the Team. I really hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact me at gautier.py@hyatt.com if you need assistance in future.

Your sincerely,

Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We had a very nice stay between a flight in to CDG and a train out of Roissy. The room was large enough for three of us and very clean. The indoor pool was terrific, one of the few where I could put in some laps. The food, however, was beyond our budget so we walked across the parking lot towards the Ibis and found Courte-Paille which was very good and very reasonable for steaks. The front desk and concierge were very helpful with train schedules. When there were too many of us requesting the shuttle back to CDG the Concierge grabbed a set of keys and took us in a hotel car. I thought they went above and beyond the call of duty and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ColoradoBoomermom
Gautier-Py, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear ColoradoBoomermom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I have shared your comments with the Team.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle.

Warm regards

Gautier
Abu Dhabi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

It is what it is, a business hotel near the airport. That said, why bother? I expected more from a name like the Hyatt.

A million miles away from everything. I needed toiletries and was told that shops were only a 20-minute taxi ride. Restaurant was expensive and mediocre. Got down too late for breakfast - the staff said no problem, but €25 for 8 minutes of breakfast service seemed a little much.

An earlier reviewer called the staff "flippant" - a very apt description. They could have made the difference in my one-night stay. Instead, I got the feeling they just couldn't be bothered.

I can see three hotels out my window (I'm still here), which brings me back to my question: with so many local options and in a city full of hotels, why stay here?

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear canuckinexile

Thank you for your review.

I am distressed to see that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us.

I have noted your comments. Regarding the breakfast charge, it was indeed for a full unlimited breakfast buffet and we can provide at the Bar or in the Restaurant a lighter option.

I do trust to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle in the near future.

Gautier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
0.9 km away
Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Novotel Convention & Wellness Ro...
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,135 reviews
4.1 km away
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.3 km away
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#9 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,751 reviews
3.8 km away
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,571 reviews
1.3 km away
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel
Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle...
#6 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
3.1 km away
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport et Convention
Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle ...
#8 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK