“A Perfect Family Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Sain Sert
Ranked #1 of 167 Restaurants in Puteaux
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 48
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kent, Texas
“A Perfect Family Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Located immediately adjacent to the Hotel Vivaldi where we stayed, we looked forward to eating here based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The restaurant is nicely decorated in an informal style. Most diners appear to be from the neighborhood and there is a good mix of families, groups of friends meeting after work, and couples on a date. Specials were reasonably priced and nicely prepared - averaging 13 to 15 Euro each. We really enjoyed our respective lamb, steak in a pepper sauce, and winter soup. Wine selections are well suited to the meals, reasonably priced, and the wine recommended for my meal was a excellent match. The wine selections are clearly based on a long-standing set of choices of the management - take a look at the chalkboard and note the only changes over time have been in vintages and prices. Our waiter was professional and friendly without being intrusive.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Asta365
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
“Yeah, what everyone else has already said”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Pretty much what everyone else has said already. Great food, great service, friendly atmosphere...

• Visited January 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Terrific, Friendly Bistro.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

Seven of us visited here at the end of September 2011. Le Sain Sert is justifiably rated highly on this site. The menu is small and somewhat limited, but this tends to imply that the food is fresh. We started with artichokes and prawns (me); braised leeks (my wife). We both had faux filet d'Aubrac (sirloin steak) with dauphinoise potatoes. The beef was cooked perfectly, "a point", but my wife thought hers a little chewy. Desserts of creme brulee were the best creme brulees that we have ever tasted. We washed all this down with a bottle of Burgundy, from a family chateau, costing €27.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was great, it was buzzing. Our friends have been coming for a number of years, and love the place. Service is charming.

We would definitely return. The bill, for 2, including a 10% tip was €90. It is a pity that Le Sain Sert is closed over the weekend.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Idler
Paris, France
“This is "must to visit" typical french restaurant in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Actually I have long relation with this restaurant. I was staying for almost one year every week in hotel next to this restaurant (and close to many others), so I visit this restaurant really quite often. And always I was very happy.
They offer something you could imagine like real traditional kitchen. Super good foie gras, really made by the chef or restaurant (which is very good looking and sweet woman). I think I never eat such foie gras in France. Really really worth to try. Dishes which are changing depending of the season. Are really good and also very healthy. I mean, after eating for one year outside home you can have a lot of digestion problems, with this restaurant I really felt like I would eat in home. Good and not really expensive. Everything in good "home like" atmosphere. The owner speaks english, french, german. The only thing I was missing was white sparking wine or Kir as apperitive. This could change.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank XonnieFay
Henderson, Nevada
“Delicious food / gracious service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I dined here with a friend from work (our Puteaux office is around the corner). This small intimate restaurant offers some standards of the French palate such as steak frites prepared to perfection. The proprietor was very welcoming and gave us the attention we needed without being intrusive. The atmosphere is calm, quiet and relaxing. I intend on returning to this restaurant for dinner during my next business trip but I would also recommend this as a place to go on a date.

• Visited April 2011