See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I was travelling with my elderly mother and family members. You sleep in Le Beau Site, but eat meals at their sister hotel about 100 mtrs up the road and can use all their facilities. You also have access to the spa and pool at the other hotel. We had a very good massage.
When we arrived, we pushed the doorbell for 3 seconds and then someone came down the road from the other hotel to let us in and give us the door code.
There is also a good wine maker just up the road on the left, where we tried and bought local wines, including the local red wine.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This really felt like a cheat. In no way it should be a member of "chateaux & hotel collections". Too bqd I did not check Tripadvisor. All the negativism in the other reviews is true. No staff at the hotel, breakfast in another place down the village, rude and uninterested staff in the other hotel. I booked a room in a hotel and I did not even get the opportunity to dine in the place, cause everything was full ! No assistance whatsoever to find a sollution. Okay the room and hotel was clean but that is the only positive thing about it. I suggest firmly to avoid this hotel. People should be treated with respect and have a warm welcome.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lemmensjohan
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My wife and I found this beautiful hotel so fascinating some years ago. Now the rooms are even more fascinating, and Ottrott is the same little cute town on the Route du Vin, but the hotel has lost something. The staff was kind, but we got a feeling they were trainees. We had a dinner in the bright and nice dining room, but there was something missing. Maybe attention. Maybe they look at us as someone just off the street.
The breakfast was great. But relatively expensive.
And what happened to the top class restaurant they used to run where we now had the breakfast?
There are too many interesting hotels around in the area to slow down on the things that make us come back over and over.

Room tip: Room 30 is super.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Olav_12
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed at the Beau Site over Christmas, and while the hotel was efficient, the bedrooms adequate, the food good, I was dismayed that the sole seating area for residents - the residents' lounge - was like the waiting room at a railway station. It was crammed too full of chairs and low tables. One of the armchairs sat with its back to an empty fireplace. The table lamps couldn't be switched on because the electric leads weren't long enough! The whole effect was the opposite of cosiness and one wants cosiness at Christmas. When I asked if the fire could be lit, one of the very young staff - pleasant but a bit clueless - said it wasn't cold enough. A fire at Christmas is not purely for heat. It is for atmosphere, ambience, a feeling of being welcome and cared for. It was a similar story in the dining room. There was a pretty Christmas display with lights and candles in the middle of the room - but it wasn't lit up! I asked if they were going to light the candles and they said no. When, I wonder, are the candles lit? This is a hotel that understands the concept of efficiency but seems to me has no time for the tiny details that make a stay special - especially at Christmas. Such a pity. Otherwise I would have awarded more stars.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank quaestor
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com