“Interesting property with very good service ”

Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ottrott
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this property for one week for a business meeting that was located at the hotel. The location of the hotel is nice, and an easy drive from the main motorway. The hotel is pretty well signed in Ottrott, so that's a plus. There are not a lot of other good eating options within the village, so our group ended up eating at the hotel a few times.

My specific room was fine. I'm personally not a fan of the shiny 1980s comforter covers, but I took it off and the hotel staff respected that and didn't bother to put it back on during my stay. The bathroom was very large and clean, with a heated towel rack, which was really nice. One thing that I would point out is that the bath amenities, outside of general purpose soap, are only provided upon demand. It's not really a problem, but I was surprised not to find lotion at a four star property. I asked the front desk and they provided it, but their policy is only on demand. I suppose for environmental reasons, it makes sense, but still, it's a four star property.

The food at the hotel was pretty good, although at times rather on the salty side for my taste. But the staff was always very very pleasant and very well trained. That made the salty food a little bit more bearable.

I have to say that the meeting room chairs were really awful! We had overrated folding chairs for the entire week of meetings. It was really awful.

I would also like to mention that some of my colleagues has some strange experiences at the hotel, including lights that would switch on and off randomly in the room. I'm glad I didn't experience that, as I would have asked for another room.

Overall, I think the property was nicer than I expected and much cleaner than I expected. I probably wouldn't go back given some of the strange occurrences in the hotel, but it seems like a nice option if you are in the area for a spa and wine retreat.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
gschaetzel, Propriétaire at Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was delighted that you enjoyed you stay and found the service my brilliant team deliver to your liking. I have passed on your kind words and thanks to them. We look forward to exceeding your expectations once again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Beautiful setting in a charming quiet town. Our room was in the older building and required taking an elevator from the lobby, getting out and walking across a bridge, then taking another elevator to reach our room. But the room itself was huge and had a really nice large bathroom. Separate toilet room, but no bidet. Stall shower, along with the usual bathtub/handheld shower.
Dinner was tasty, but the restaurant was unbearably hot, maybe because the spotlights over the table were super bright. We had to ask them to turn the lights down.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words following your visit to the Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please do come and see us again soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We are French and travelling a lot around the world! We love high-end hotels and this one has it all: service mindedness of the personnel, calm, discretion, detailed recommendations for anything you may need, quality of the food, experienced sommelier. We stayed at this place 4 times already, and will return for sure. This house is owned by a family who proposes there a perfect mix between french excellence and german order and reliability. An absolute MUST!! Jean-Paul & Stephanie M.

Room Tip: Chambre Charme is perfect for a coupe.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I was so happy to read your comments following your recent stay at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was pleased that we met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stayed three days and enjoyed every minute. What a nice place! Helpful staff, beautifully furnished rooms, comfort and tranquillity. Plenty of onsite car parking (a short uphill walk) and a nicely appointed spa. The layout of the hotel and its various annexes is a bit confusing, but we soon got our bearings. They need more pool space, and we understand this will be available in the near future. Breakfasts were good, and the dinners really good - and do try the local red wine. The picture postcard village is also a must. Definitely worth a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was very proud to share your glowing review of your recent stay with my team this morning. It is comments like this that really make our job worthwhile. We take great pride in the service we deliver and we look forward to meeting your expectations once again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2017

The restaurant is small and quiet, and speaks of luxury from the highly professional head waiter to the standard of the cuisine. We had the Millefeuille d'Escargots and the Fois Gras de Canard Maison, both of which were very refined and good. For the main course we had the Canette Rotie aux Epices Douces, which lived up to its name for subtle spices. They do not stint on portions: a whole duckling between two meant that we had no space for dessert. As I was driving, the wine waiter chose a glass of red wine - a Cotes du Rhone which was quite exceptional. The restaurant is expensive, but is well worth it if you wish to have an elegant evening.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with the all team. I really do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Aurélie – Guillaume & Alina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottrott
Petite France Centre
Regent Petite France & Spa
Regent Petite France & Spa
#8 of 130 in Strasbourg
Resort Barriere Ribeauville
#1 of 11 in Ribeauville

Been to Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK