I stayed at this property for one week for a business meeting that was located at the hotel. The location of the hotel is nice, and an easy drive from the main motorway. The hotel is pretty well signed in Ottrott, so that's a plus. There are not a lot of other good eating options within the village, so our group ended up eating at the hotel a few times.
My specific room was fine. I'm personally not a fan of the shiny 1980s comforter covers, but I took it off and the hotel staff respected that and didn't bother to put it back on during my stay. The bathroom was very large and clean, with a heated towel rack, which was really nice. One thing that I would point out is that the bath amenities, outside of general purpose soap, are only provided upon demand. It's not really a problem, but I was surprised not to find lotion at a four star property. I asked the front desk and they provided it, but their policy is only on demand. I suppose for environmental reasons, it makes sense, but still, it's a four star property.
The food at the hotel was pretty good, although at times rather on the salty side for my taste. But the staff was always very very pleasant and very well trained. That made the salty food a little bit more bearable.
I have to say that the meeting room chairs were really awful! We had overrated folding chairs for the entire week of meetings. It was really awful.
I would also like to mention that some of my colleagues has some strange experiences at the hotel, including lights that would switch on and off randomly in the room. I'm glad I didn't experience that, as I would have asked for another room.
Overall, I think the property was nicer than I expected and much cleaner than I expected. I probably wouldn't go back given some of the strange occurrences in the hotel, but it seems like a nice option if you are in the area for a spa and wine retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Spa Hotel in Alsace. Convenient location on the Alsace Wine Route between Strasbourh and Colmar. Comfortable Rooms & Suites with private Jacuzzi, Sauna or Steam Room and unlimited access to the swimming pool and to our 1000m2 Spa Center. Come and discover our two restaurants: the Gourmet restaurant and "Le Comptoir du Chateau" our Contemporary restaurant dedicated to lunch and bar. Unlimited WiFi access in the public areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Des Chateaux Ottrott
- Hostellerie Des Chateaux Hotel Ottrott
- Hostellerie Des Chateaux & Spa Ottrott, France - Alsace