1,101 results
All reviews bath amenities great weekend this wonderful hotel large room swimming pool jacuzzi alsace suite sommelier hammam luxury comfort canette german
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stayed three days and enjoyed every minute. What a nice place! Helpful staff, beautifully furnished rooms, comfort and tranquillity. Plenty of onsite car parking (a short uphill walk) and a nicely appointed spa. The layout of the hotel and its various annexes is a bit confusing, but we soon got our bearings. They need more pool space, and we understand this will be available in the near future. Breakfasts were good, and the dinners really good - and do try the local red wine. The picture postcard village is also a must. Definitely worth a return visit.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gschaetzel, Propriétaire at Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was very proud to share your glowing review of your recent stay with my team this morning. It is comments like this that really make our job worthwhile. We take great pride in the service we deliver and we look forward to meeting your expectations once again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2017

The restaurant is small and quiet, and speaks of luxury from the highly professional head waiter to the standard of the cuisine. We had the Millefeuille d'Escargots and the Fois Gras de Canard Maison, both of which were very refined and good. For the main course we had the Canette Rotie aux Epices Douces, which lived up to its name for subtle spices. They do not stint on portions: a whole duckling between two meant that we had no space for dessert. As I was driving, the wine waiter chose a glass of red wine - a Cotes du Rhone which was quite exceptional. The restaurant is expensive, but is well worth it if you wish to have an elegant evening.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with the all team. I really do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We stayed one night on our way to Saverne in a newly finished suite.
No Nespresso or other coffee and tea available, no mineral-water waiting and not a great view for over €300,-/night excluding breakfast.
The suite was spacious and Ok but not impressively decorated.
Spa pool is small but is being rebuild so that will be up to standard soon.
The restaurant is "old style" and he menu gourmand was good but not great.
Conclusion: this hotel and its restaurant is not to our personal taste.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jef B
gschaetzel, Propriétaire at Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. Just to clarify your comments 2 mineral water where waiting on night stand on your arrival and the balcony is overlooking the forest and Ottrott Castles. I hope that our new addition to the Spa with 2 new Pools (outdoor + indoor) 1 outdoor jacuzzi 4 new saunas, relaxation room ... will delight you next time.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

As for the hotel and the SPA I'm happy with the service and location while the restaurant does not seem to me yet at the level of the other restaurants in the area
I have been dining here on Wednesday evening and I'm not impressed by the service in a hurry and the quality of the dishes .
As this is a SPA Hotel I would expect more care and attention at the restaurant .

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank albertopitta

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words following your visit to the Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please do come and see us again soon for many impovements at the restaurant and at the Spa withs tons of new features and upgrades.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

I use To Travel over the world and they are only A few places where everything is made for one and one single personn I. E the customer! In that Hotel you have A service with a huge S ! You feel that you are the important personn from the world! This is A réal 4 stars Hotel and not far away from A so called palace! The rooms are fabulous with an amaizing bath!!! the food is Michelin Level ! Spécial hug for the pastry during the breakfast! Just go I highly recommend that Hotel and restaurant!!! Please continue and stay and do like this !!!!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I was absolutely delighted with your feedback following your recent experience at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. Thank you for taking the time to write your kind words which I have also shared with my team. I do hope that you get the chance to join us again soon.

My kindest regards,