1,086 results
All reviews bath amenities large room great hotel one night swimming pool jacuzzi alsace sommelier hammam luxury comfort canette german
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Our party, two couples celebrating two milestone birthdays, planned a two night stay and special meal in the Michelin star restaurant at Le Parc Hotel & Spa, in Obernai. Please read my review of the Le Parc for more details on our original reservation - noting, the manager's response does NOT address the fact we had four reservations - 2 per couple (made in January for special dinner + night stay; made in February to add an additional night to each reservation). All reservations were re-confirmed in August, 3 weeks prior to our arrival. Upon arrival, we were sent from the Le Parc to the Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, where we were initially very unhappy -- but the warm and welcoming staff at the Hostellerie won us over!

First, the staff at the Hostellerie was very gracious! Although their smallest rooms were reserved for us given the rate for the rooms we had confirmed via Le Parc, when the staff realized the amount of luggage we had for a month's worth of travel, they provided us with larger rooms. They have large, view, renovated & spa rooms available. Everything worked; the rooms were very quiet; the breakfast buffet provided multiple options, including champagne/sparkling wines, and portions were plentiful.

We enjoyed our celebratory dinner at the Michelin star restaurant, including a five course meal with wine pairings arranged by our server and the Sommelier. The courses were beautifully prepared and presented; a wonderful culinary experience not to be missed.

The spa is outstanding -- with multiple saunas (varying temperatures and humidity levels), locker rooms, showers, quiet rest areas, Hammams, jacuzzi tubs, and a snack & beverage bar. Due to weather, we were not able to enjoy the outside patio areas surrounding the spa area -- which nonetheless was beautifully inviting.

Our experience at the Hostellerie des Chateaux was nothing short of OUTSTANDING! Strongly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mojarashe
gschaetzel, Propriétaire at Hostellerie des Chateaux & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

I was absolutely delighted with your feedback following your recent experience at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. Thank you for taking the time to write your kind words which I have also shared with my team. We were more than happy to save your milestone birthday. I do hope that you get the chance to join us again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

we stayed here as a base for a holiday in alsace the suite on floor 6 was excellent with a large king sized bed and adjoining room . The staff were very pleasant food in hotel was excellent except the sweets were all ice cream ( not to our taste ) service was good but variable as the staff multi-tasked rather than serving one table. This means there is no communication between staff if you change something or don't want a particular dish i.e creme brulee Having said this the food was well presented tasty

Room Tip: any special deals rooms 610 to 630 best
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rvsurg

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words following your visit to the Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please do come and see us again soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 31 August 2015

During a road trip from Toulouse (France) to Brussels, I have stopped in that hotel for 3 nights (Suite Deluxe and spa with private hammam). The hotel is ideally located if you want to discover the Alsace region. The very beautiful city of Obernai is very close. You are not too far from EuropaPark or of the Haut Koenigsbourg castle. The rooms are spacious and very well equipped. The service is very good. The two restaurants are very good (the beef is excellent). Do not hesitate to try the Hamburger of duck! The spa is good enough. The location is actually very quiet. This hotel is perfect for family, gastronomy and rest.

Room Tip: The Suite Deluxe and spa with private hamam is very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank NPMalta

Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was delighted that you enjoyed you stay and found the service my brilliant team deliver to your liking. I have passed on your kind words and thanks to them. We look forward to exceeding your expectations once again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2015

It is a very charming hotel.
The rooms were very clean and quiet. It became popular due to the thermal pools. staff are polite and helpful. It was built in two separate buildings. reunite with a link to the third floor. Has a quality restaurant. Dishes are quite varied and tasty. The waiters are polite and have good knowledge about foods. The only negative thing I can say about the hotel: no alternative restaurant or social space around in walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

I was thrilled to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was delighted that we were able to create a special moment for you. I have passed on your kind words to the team.

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night in late June 2015 with a Backroads bike trip. What wa great hotel! Our room was visually stunning (Panoramique) and included a sauna. My one complaint was that the toilet was pretty far from the bedroom and somewhat difficult to find at night.

We ate one dinner there and it was superb. The staff was helpful and friendly too.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CoachDave37

I was so happy to read your comments following your recent stay at The Hostellerie des Châteaux. I was pleased that we met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.