We stayed four nights at Casadelmar as the first leg of our honeymoon. The experience was pretty much flawless. All the staff were courteous and solicitous. I wanted to practice my french and the lovely front desk staff kindly obliged and only spoke to me in french even if it took a couple tries for me to understand. Room service was always prompt and discreet. They left us treats in honor of our honeymoon (champagne, locally produced massage oil) 3 of the 4 nights we were there, which made us feel very pampered and special. One night we even came home to rose petals scattered EVERYWHERE in the room, and votive candles and a drawn bath. Amazing! The room was on the small side (considering it was close to $1000/night) but the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bay and the mountains more than made up for that. The decor is chic and there was plenty of closet space. The bed was super comfortable and the room was spotless. We never wanted to leave the infinity pool or the nearby bar/lounge with views to Porto Vecchio town. Even though there were a few children when we stayed there it retained an adult and tranquil vibe. There was a good mix of young couples, middle aged parents and retirees. The restaurant was never very crowded even though this was peak season. The restaurant and bar serve fantastic food (it is Michelin starred) and is correspondingly VERY expensive (we also suffer the dollar/euro exchange rate, which was about $1.25 to the euro when we were there). For instance, the cheapest room service option is a 38 euro burger, which is about 45 bucks- -ouch. There is a small fridge in the room and I recommend buying some provisions at any of the nearby local products markets and eating/drinking those in the room so you're not at the mercy of the hotel prices.
We each had a massage at the spa which was very nice and reasonably priced relative to the other services at the hotel. The gym has amazing views over the water which made working out an actual pleasure! I was the only one using the gym when I went to work out which was bonus.
Overall, if we could afford it, I'd never stay anywhere else! This might be the nicest hotel experience I've ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleek, striking, and filled with natural light, Hotel Casadelmar is located on a peninsula just outside the town of Porto-Vecchio on the southeast coastline of Corsica, overlooking the Mediterranean. An intimate, contemporary resort, its design blends seamlessly with its environment. Surrounded by well-tended gardens, the hotel offers rooms with clean, uncluttered lines, accented by oversize windows, stone floors, and brightly colored fabrics that reflect both the calm and liveliness of the Corsican lifestyle. Each accommodation also boasts an outdoor terrace with sunbeds, and sweeping sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, HRS and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Casadelmar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casadelmar Hotel Porto Vecchio
- Casadelmar Porto Vecchio
- Hotel Casadelmar Corsica/Porto-Vecchio