1,008 results
All reviews leisure centre lough allen bar food both nights swimming pool kids club outdoor hot tub horse riding lovely hotel night break buffet style family room family break short break lough view games room food was lovely
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We've just returned from a 2 night stay at the Lough Allen hotel & Spa in Drumshanbo. It was our third time here with the kids and I keep meaning to write a review. The hotel is very child family with a free kids club that runs from 6pm to 10pm. Our kids really enjoy it and there is the added bonus of being able to order the kids meals to have in the kids club for a very reasonable price of €6. The pool is also very child friendly but the outdoor hot tub is just what the doctor ordered for the Mam's and Dad's with a lovely view of the Lough from the hot tub. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. I'd like to thank Bernie at reception in particular. She always makes our stay a memorable one with plenty of advice about things to do in the area. This time around I had left a piece of jewellery behind which was of great sentimental value - Bernie went out of her way to find this for me so I'm so relieved to be getting it back. Overall, I could not find fault with this hotel- it's very reasonably priced and the staff and owners take pride in keeping up the top notch standards that ensure that people will definitely return.

Room Tip: The family rooms above the ground floor are nice and big
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dellie2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Myself, husband and 2 children (7 & 5) have just returned from a 2 night stay in the Lough Allen hotel just outside drumshanbo in leitrim. We stayed in a family room which had a double bed and 2 singles. Room was spotless clean with the plenty of tea/ coffee making facilities a d flat screen tv with plenty of channels. We used the pool both days. Small changing rooms but pool Ireland again was spotless clean and the water was so warm. On both nights the kids used the kids club which ran from 6 to 10 pm and was held in a function room in the hotel. There were plenty of minders for the children and they were great at their job and really looked after the kids. The Kids ate 1 night in the kids club and the dinner was just charged to the room. We ate in the bar one of the evenings. Food was lovely with no complaints. There was a band on both nights in the bar. The hotel didn't mind the kids being in the bar which was great for the parents not having to rush off once the kids arrived back from the kids club. The breakfast each morning was lovely with plenty of options. Overall I would definitely return as it's a great family friendly hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is our second visit to this hotel and the service and standard is still as good Staff go out of their way to make your stay one to remember and are more then helpful. The food is of the highest standard the rooms well laid out with everything you need. Will be back again.

Room Tip: rooms to the front are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willien853
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed her with family for 2 nights and can honestly say from the minute we checked in the staff was so friendly & it was so kid friendly which is a rare thing to find in hotels the entertainment was brilliant and the food was delish definitely will be coming back . Also had a spa treatment and it was perfect way to end a lovely 2 days .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank YnonneTormey44
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I managed to pick up a 2 night stay voucher on groupon so my daughter and I headed there, not sure of what we would find! The booking process, via e-mail, was extremely simple with friendly and helpful responses from the hotel, which boded well for our stay.

On arrival, the check-in process was quick and efficient, with staff on reception being pleasant and friendly. We were really happy with our room - we had booked a twin room and were pleasantly surprised to see a double and single bed. The room itself was a good size as was the bathroom and both were spotlessly clean. The information pack was helpful, especially the details about breakfast and busy times.

With regards to food in the hotel, breakfast offered a generous selection - perhaps there could have been more cereals on offer, but that is being extremely picky! The hot food selection was good and very tasty. We also ate in Rushes Restaurant from the table d'hôte menu, and the Lakeside Bar from the bar menu and on both occasions the meals were very enjoyable. I particularly enjoyed the Irish Chicken Supreme.

The waiting staff were lovely! Everyone we encountered was friendly and happy to chat, making sure that we had everything we needed.

We also had treatments in the spa and it was superb. Again, staff were welcoming and friendly and I certainly felt refreshed and relaxed after my treatment!

The leisure centre has a good-sized pool, hot tub, steam room and sauna as well as a range of gym equipment. I was happy to see that the pool had been 'divided' so that adults could swim undisturbed by children.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's in a beautiful part of the world, with lovely walks plus a pony-trekking centre right beside the hotel. There is a lot to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors to take advantage of the beautiful view of the lough.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family