“super food, friendly atmosphere, v good value”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hellidon
The Red Lion
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hellidon
Reviewed 25 May 2012

a great local, countryside pub. Food is usually very good and great value. Felt I had to review when I saw the negative one on service - we arrived on bikes on a Saturday afternoon 15 mins after closing and they opened up for us (they were licensed for it!). interesting ales, decent wine, varied menu with cheap staples and seasonal game etc. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We visited this pub whilst staying at Hellidon Lakes Hotel, we had lunch which was really nice and two evening meals there, which were fantastic, they have an excellent Chef and cooks the steaks exactly how you like it done, the staff were extremely friendly and would highly recommend a visit, we will definitely return hopefully next year when we have another long weekend away.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SFPF76
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I was at a team conference staying at the Hellidon Lakes, on the last night I'd arranged to take my 22 American colleagues to a proper English country pub. Ross and the team did not disappoint, being such a large crowd we did pre-order but everything was served together, piping hot and absolutely delicious. My discerning New York friends declared the ribeye steaks to be perfect - high praise indeed. They loved the locally bred buffalo burgers and even enjoyed the traditional English delicacy of proper mushy peas. Ross even gave me the number of a local cab company who shuttled us between the pub and the hotel for £3 per person. A great night was had by all.

Room Tip: Eat, drink and be merry!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dizzy1812
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed at the De Vere and was tempted to go to the Coutryman, discussed with a local at the hotel and he advised this "" country" pub, We arrived to an easy going atmosphere and were advised that there was a deal two mains for £14. We decied to have starters as well so Pate, home made, as was the bread and chutney was delicious , the veggie soup was definiatly home made with a creamy consistancy and chunky veg. Good start. Followed by Ham , Eggs and chips and Home made Lasagna . The ham was straight from the bone and the eggs were huge, chips fresh and crisp. The Lasagna arrived and look a bit small, however it was so rich that I felt complete when I had finished it. Altogether a great meal and also great value. Certainly less than up the road and it was interesting listening to the local gossip . The only sad thing was that we were the only diners. I suppose it would have been easier to say , sorry foods off but I am so glad the Chef provided a meal to remember. It might be a bit out in the country but is well worth the trip

Room Tip: Just relax and enjoy the service and feel of peace
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Two mates and myself called in for a pint after golf at Hellidon Lakes.
The landlord or barman was unfriendly, took no notice of us and served others out of order.
The result after over12 mins wait we left without a drink.
The landlords (barman?) response was that he wouldnt loose any sleep over us leaving.
I would advise anyone to stay well away from The Red Lion at Hellidon.
Dont go near the place!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank BarfordBill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hellidon
1.2 km away
The Poplars Hotel
#1 of 27 in Northampton
1.5 km away
The Clock Tower Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Red Lion? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK