All reviews family room pretty place normandy beaches enjoyed our stay double room breakfast was included the ground floor cottage property bayeux euros
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This gite complex has very pretty gardens and its location is convenient for exploring the local history. The cottage we stayed in has fun decor, the rooms are comfy and the facilities are fine. Could maybe do with a mini welcome pack with a couple of teabags/dishwasher tablets. Could maybe use a little DIY, as loo seats don't stay up.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Stayed a couple of nights whilst visiting the Normandy Beaches. We were in the double room which was very gloomy as set back in the property and no windows so quite dark. As someone who sleeps with a window open 365 days of the year this was a bit of an issue. Having said that the fact the room did not have any windows meant it was actually nice and cool whilst extremely hot outside.

The family who own the place were charming and could not do enough for us. Excellent continental breakfast and really appreciated the private entrance to the room without having to walk through a house.

For 50 Euros it was brilliant. If you want more then go somewhere else but for somewhere to sleep it was fine. Only 10 minutes drive from the centre of Bayeaux which has loads of places to eat.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Stayed recently in a pretty little cottage nicely decorated in a poppy theme. However it had its drawbacks. Downstairs loo, (off the kitchen) no washbasin. Bedding well past the sell buy date and ill matched in the twin room. Bathroom had a loo seat which would not stay up when in use!!!! We were self catering but would have expected more than one inch of soap between four and none in the kitchen. We left the cottage as clean as when we arrived ,even putting out the rubbish (as instructed). However when paying the bill were charged 30euros for cleaning. So beware of this additional cost.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

First, I would like to say that for 50 euros this is a nice place. It was our least favorite compared to the other places we stayed in France. I needed a bed and breakfast to stay at in Bayeux for a DDay tour that we had early the next day. We were driving from Giverny and it got dark. We had GPS to find the house but we got lost on the roundabouts. She emailed us asking for our arrival time. We replied about 9. The place isn't in the middle of the city. It is about 10 minutes outside the center. We arrived when it was dark. I am sure it is lovely during the day. The host came out to greet us. I speak French pretty well, so she took us to our room to explain things. It is a spacious and well decorated room. I explained that I wanted to eat breakfast by 7:30 because we had a tour early in the morning and have to leave by 8. She said that she doesn't serve breakfast until 8:00. She asked which tour we were going on and I said Bayeux Shuttle. She said that they would have some light breakfast items for us or we could stop and get breakfast on the way to center of town. This kind of irritated me because I purposely booked this place with the breakfast so we could avoid the inconvenience. But we were tired from driving and I just wanted to go to bed. I asked her if I could have a breakfast to go in the morning. She replied that no one will be up that early. She asked me to come up into the house to pay for the night in advance so she wouldn't have to check us out in the morning. So I paid her and went to go help my husband unload the luggage from the car. She must have changed her mind about the breakfast because she came running out to us and said she would have croissants, fruit, and juice for us in tin foil in the breakfast room. We can let ourselves in and grab it. That made me happier that I was going to get the breakfast I was paying for. On to the room. I wanted a shower really bad. There are no toiletries except one bar of soap. The shower was small, which is what I expected but the shower curtain was flimsy and couldn't keep out the water. Water was all over the floor. The shower fixtures were against the middle of the wall where you stand instead of in the front. We kept hitting the fixtures with our bodies and would knock the water off or too hot or too cold. Poor place for the fixtures. No hairdryer either. The towels were kind of stiff. The bed was large and comfy but the pillows were the flattest I have ever seen. I had to use the decorator pillows to sleep with. There is a tiny little shelf to put things on but not much. Needs a real nightstand. I really wanted to like this place, but I was glad it was only one night. We left at 7:45 and it was still dark. Didn't get to see it at all in the light. The breakfast to go was there as promised. I would read the other reviews just so there are no surprises. But again for 50 euros, you might be ok with the minor irritations.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana L W
Reviewed 2 August 2016

After hectic Paris and its hotels La Naomath was a delight. The garden setting and decoration made for a very pleaasnt couple of nights. The cottage is well equipped and the owner is in the next cottage. Her English was limited, but the so is my French, but we managed easily enough.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family