All reviews pressed orange juice lake garda junior suite location is fantastic opposite the ferry terminal numerous restaurants machine coffee kept spotless hotel is ideally located the air conditioning three star big room great base for exploring fabulous views would highly recommend this hotel enjoy the view room with a lake view
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Really nice property with lovely staff. Very friendly welcome. Room was a good size with comfy beds!. welcoming. The rooms are spotless and their hospitality can't be faulte.Free WiFi offered. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Great place to stay for holiday!!We very enjoyed and will definitely come back as so nice hotel!!!Thank you for having us!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ana M
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely and helpful staff, great location, super comfortable bedroom, the cleanliness was excellent. Absolutely gorgeous

Reviewed 23 August 2018

We have just left this beautifull hotel, located in the main center of Desenzano, a small town on Garda Lake. We stayed in a suite with balcony and lake view, a large room on the second floor. We had a really nice view of the harbor. Many thanks to Elena who helped us to plan the visit of Sirmione. Great also the breakfast buffet: really a lot of choice.

Room Tip: room with lake view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lesleijakson
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Please be wary when booking an economy room here.

We arrived Saturday evening to find we had been put in a room overlooking what the hotel described as a "Courtyard". This is the back of a restaurant and is basically a tip!.

We had to keep the blinds shut for the duration of our stay which spoilt our enjoyment of our stay here. We asked to be moved only to be told it would cost 20 euro extra a day which we were unhappy to pay.

Management finally agreed to reduce the cost of our stay by 80 euros which was was not nearly enough but we had no choice to accept.

Having spent four days here in 2016 where we had a beautiful room we were looking forward to our return. We are very disappointed that the emphasis no longer seems to be on customer satisfaction regarding the rooms you are allocated.

Having read a few more reviews on here confims my suspicions that customer service has seriously declined in two years.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne O
Paolo M, Proprietario at Hotel Mayer & Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Guest,

we are very sorry to learn how you let stranger and not really reliable people badly influence your opinion about our hotel.

As clearly indicated on your reservation, you booked an Economy room. All of our Economy rooms do not offer a lake view. Despite it being peak season (August) and having all our rooms sold out, we managed to find a solution for you, i.e. a room with a lake view. As a general rule governing any hotel in the world, whenever you get an upgrade an additional price is charged, which in your case was amounted to just 20 euros. Yet, you didn't accept our offer. All you wanted was a superior room with no extra charge - that's just irregular and totally unfair for those who paid the right price. However, if, as you stated in your review, having a lake view during your stay was so important to you, why wouldn't you accept our offer and pay a paltry surcharge, we wonder?

Back in 2016 you were our guests for the first time and nothing went wrong on that occasion. For your stay, you could have booked directly or at least contacted us to tell us more about your needs - we would always do out best to meet them, and would have told you about the Economy room and very likely there would have been no misunderstandings at all.

Undoubtedly, we think your review does not match reality, since it has been influenced by other bad reviews and based on just one thing: you did not even mention our full and rich breakfast, the very central location of the hotel, our Spa and Wellness centre, the kindness and availability of our reception staff, who dedicated so much time to satisfy all of your requests, doing a great job replying to your sister who kept emailing the hotel.

The final discount the director agreed with you was based on your prior stay and we saw you out on a "see you next year" goodbye. You seemed satisfied and happy. Such a bad review was definitely something we would never expect from you.

Best Regard

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Upon arriving here, the hotel was smelly, dirty and very much neglected.

After asking to change rooms, due to a bad smell of smoke and must in the room, plus there was dirt and rubbish all over the room, the manager became very angry and started shouting at me. He was trying to push me out of the door and refused to give me my money back for three nights even though I hadn’t stayed in the room. The bed was not made up, the paint was falling off the walls and there were cigarette stumps all over the floor. I could not stay at the hotel so was forced to move to another hotel and did not receive a refund. As a female, I felt very threatened by the owners behaviour. He shouted down my ear., laughed in my face and pushed me to get out of the hotel all because I insulted him by saying the room was not to standard. I really wish that I would have read the other reviews before booking this hotel. There are many bad reviews, especially about the owners attitude but yet it is still ranked highly on tripadvisor.

I would not want anybody else to go through what I went through after a very long journey.

Do not stay here!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tutabellle
Paolo M, Proprietario at Hotel Mayer & Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Mrs. Park,

we thank both you and your boyfriend for your real, precise and objective reviews (unlike all other guests)

But you have forgotten to mention the rats in the hall, the poisonous spiders in the corridors, the fierce animals under the bed and Nosferatu in the closet.

As for the aggressive tones I apologize but the full moon is coming and I am turning into a werewolf. For this reason I had an unpleasant smell. I can not even take a shower, as you have recommended me, because as you know, wild animals do not like contact with water.

Best regards

The worst hotel manager in the world