See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Our 3 night stay in beautiful Viterbo was wonderful. Made even more so by our staying at B&B San Pellegrino. Our hostess Anna was amazing. A genuinely nice person, who strives to please her guests. When we mentioned we had to leave very early, way before breakfast was normally served, she got up, made coffee and laid out the buffet of foods for us.
We originally decided to visit Viterbo because it was off the beaten path. Not many American tourists. The medieval neighborhood were unbelievable! The area has not changed in hundreds of years. San Pellegrino B&B sit right in the middle of it. Anna told us her family has owned this building for over 400 years. The fireplace in the main room was built in the mid 1500's.
The rooms were clean, we could come and go as we pleased, and the main room was always available to us. The windows were adequate in keeping out the outdoor sounds.
I hope to find the time to stay here again.
Reading one of the other reviews makes me laugh. You can not expect to enjoy a country like Italy carrying around heavy luggage. Plus if you are renting a car, you've got to expect parking challenges. Some tourists never learn.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank rancestoddard
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We booked this B&B despite the bad reviews on Trip Advisor because we wanted to be in the heart of Viterbo. Many things worked out well there--the breakfast was better than expected with fresh bread and homemade cake on the first morning and very good coffee. The room was very clean. The airconditioning worked great and the windows provided good soundproofing from the street below where a medieval festival was in full swing. However, the man in charge was not very competent. He did not know the wifi password and didn't seem to be around much. The woman was friendly and competent but she left for the beach shortly after I arrived. The big problem happened on the last two nights (of our 4 night stay), when the room next to ours was rented to two different couples. The first couple came in around 2am from the festival and was partying very loudly. This is when we discovered there was no soundproofing between the rooms. The last night was worse when the couple came in, again around 2am, and began arguing very loudly for over an hour. We could not sleep and we had no easy way of notifying the man of the problem because there was no phone in the room and his quarters were down a floor and not easily accessible. It was not a pleasant experience. I think the owners are tired of being in the business. It's too bad because the B&B is located in a wonderful area.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We made reservation at B & B San Pellegrino solidly based on the online reviews. I conversed with the owner, Anna via emails and everything had seemed to be in order. Anna asked me to email her our approximate time of arrival which I roughly estimated around 18.00. We arrived to Viterbo 15 minutes earlier. The street, where BB is located, is partially closed for traffic so we had to park higher up. I have to say that Viterbo is a beautiful ancient town, completely surrounded by walls with makes navigation and parking there extremely difficult. Since there was no designated parking area, my daughter and I had to stay in a car and my husband went to find the place and talk to Anna. Couple minutes later, he came back bearing some disappointing news. First of all, no one was waiting for us at the B&B and secondary there was no access to the street from the other site with translated into carrying our heavy suitcases around 400m. I convinced him to wait until 6.00 and try to go back again and talk to Anna about options. I told him that I wrote her that we are coming by car and was absolutely sure that she would have a solution for us. If I only knew that we were just wasting our time! He returned extremely frustrated and told me that finally after he had to ring number of times on the neighbor door some guy appeared. Unfortunately, he did not speak a word of English. When my husband asked him about parking, he took him to nearby workshop where very pleasant girl explained that it was impossible to park inside the city walls and the car had to be left outside. My husband tried to explain that we had heavy suitcases and a child however the guy showed very little interest about our concerns and rushed my husband to open the door to the BB. My husband went back to the workshop girl asked her to tell the guy that he needs to talk to me about this situation. When the girl went out to translate, the guy was gone. After such a warm welcoming, we had decided that this accommodation would not work for us and spent the night in the hotel 5 min from the city centre. By the way the hotel was much cheaper than the B&B San Pellegrino and had a great parking area. In the following morning I received an email from Anna asking me if I had forgotten about my reservation. I replied and explained about what happened and advised her that information about limited street access and parking should have been brought to our attention ahead of time. In response I received a very rude email written entirely in capital letters where she was saying that Viterbo is an old town and there is no need to inform about anything. I decided to write this review to warn those who do not speak Italian and arriving by car. As I have said before Viterbo is a very nice place, but I would not recommend staying in this accommodation. You can find better and cheaper options and receive proper greetings.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
14  Thank elnikol50
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Great location. Lovely suite room. Recommended for a Rome-gateway featuring beautiful Viterbo and a run to the nearby terme dei Papi

Date of stay: December 2010
2  Thank grottafe06
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Great location! Right in the center of Viterbo. Perfect hostess. Abundant breakfast---lots of options (and typical Italian set-up). Key for easy access in and out at any hour. Spacious rooms and clean clean clean...!

Date of stay: August 2009