“Totally outstanding , start to finish”
Review of Osteria Pazza Idea

Osteria Pazza Idea
Ranked #3 of 516 Restaurants in Viareggio
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 69
Reviewed 11 August 2018

After 14 days in Tuscany at many wonderful restaurants along the way we did not expect to be wowed by any more culinary experiences...how wrong we were!
The restaurant is a cosy atmospheric place with wonderful staff who smiled and engaged from the time we left to when we left.
My daughters steak was superb , very tastey and beautifully tender. My wife and I had the bream which was just fantastic. Superb presentation with great local vegetables. Very generous servings of glasses of wine went well with our food choices....we were ready to leave and then......it happened. THE PUDDING CHOICES WERE OFFERED.
WE FELL FOR THE ver honest and soft desert options "sell" and how right we were to do so. The managers wife is head chef and two of the pudding recommendations were just brilliant, the best puddings I ve ever had ever , anywhere. I can not rate this place highly enough other than we had to go and shake the hands of the entire team in the kitchen , they are some talented folk or what!
Just go , have a great night and make sure you leave room for pudding shares..it does not get better than this.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We stumbled on this restaurant as the bistro nearby was fully booked.It is near the bus station on the other side of the Piazza.The food was beautifully presented and tasty.The staff were really friendly.My tuna was delicious and fresh and my wife’s gnocchi was in her words “fantastic “

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful diner, the staff was funny and helped us to create a wonderful evening.
The deserts are a must have

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Following yesterday’s disaster meal at the Casablanca this restaurant was in another dimension service was excellent the explanation of all meals served including the fine wine just introduced a fine Rose on par with Provence we arrived at 8pm and finally left at 10.45pm ambience and deco superb Allesio and fellow companion well in formed.
Would recommend anytime

1  Thank edhill1953
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Located in the town not far from the beach but away from the endless eateries that line the promenade. Friendly but professional staff with good English. My wife had a Risotto which she enjoyed and I had a tuna steak dish which was attractively presented and absolutely delicious. The desserts were wonderful as well. 1/2 litre house wine cost €5.