See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked by booking.com half hour before arrival without normal "drive by" to check - big mistake
middle of town amongst blocks of flats - parking on public car park next to hotel. reception handed tv and air con controls for both rooms confirming my fears of what was to come. taken outside to an entrance and up 2 steps and shown my room. room smelt musty or smoky- didn't like to open window as didn't like area. Thirsty we went back to open bar next to reception to be told she was on her own and couldn't give us a drink! desperate we walked out into the dark night looking for somewhere for a drink only to be met by a group of suspect youths so returned.
I politely requested could we not at least have a couple of bottles of water- this time she obliged!
Deciding to sleep in my clothes says it all and putting a shower off until next place of stay with the finale being the air con packing up - reception night staff couldn't or wouldn't understand phone call and hung up on me! Breakfast was pretty much zero- coffee undrinkable and stale bread. horrendous and not a cheap deal. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Sleep on the beach or in your car
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed with some friends at this hotel based on positive reviews. The location was favorable but I was a bit put off with the smoky smell of our room. The bathroom shower stall could have been cleaned much better. My friend said the towels were dirty. The lobby's nicely renovated, reception was welcoming and breakfast was average. If overall cleanliness improves , your stay coulde be quite pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Really nice stay at Hotel Riviera at Varazze. Hotel was not at the beach, which was good: situated in a peaceful place but only a short walk from the beach. Staff spoke good English and they were extremely helpful with train timetables and with finding a doctor. Garden was lovely, room was nice. Really pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I was there for a long weekend, unpolite staff, heavy food.
Hotel is quite far from seaside - I won't come back for sure

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed there for one night, on the way to Lombardy, and we were surprised by the beauty of the rooms, totally renewed. Staff was nice too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family