We used Porto Salvo as a base for our visit to Sorrento in March and we were not disappointed. It probably is not the place to go if you are after a 5 star stay, but for a nice budget hotel it was absolutely perfect for us and a great base to exlore the region. Comfortable, quiet (although the church bell going off at 7 might be a bit irritating if you are not an early riser), fairly clean and the staff are very friendly. The breakfasts were standard continental fare and filling enough to start the day! There are a couple of computers downstairs which are useful for checking out local restaurants etc and the outside patio is okay to sit outside and relax.
It is about 10-15 minutes walk from the train station giving good access to Pompeii, Hurculeaneum and Naples, and it is 30 minutes walk from Sorrento although there is a bus nearby which takes a couple of minutes. It is way off the main high street of Sant'Agnello, which is probably a good thing as Sant'Agnello is noisy, dirty and busy in places. There are some very nice friendly restaurants within 5-10 minutes walk and a useful well stocked (but sometimes unfriendly!) mini-mart about 10 minutes walk away.
All in all an unforgettable trip and I would definately recommend coming to this area end of March time as you will avoid the majority of the tourists and it will be warm without being too hot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME Purple is an Hotel situated in an old abbey of the Capuchin Monks dating back to the sixteenth century located in Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, overlooking the beautiful sea of the Bay of Naples. Purple is also a American Lounge Pub and our philosophy consists in the genuineness of traditional cuisine associated with the taste of local wine, beer or just a drink. 5 GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE US: Best Price Guaranteed! A holiday in a welcoming and relaxing place at only 1 kilometre from Sorrento town centre! You can easily reach the nearby town of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples, Amalfi and Capri The parking and internet access are included in the price The nearest beach is at only few minutes walk.SERVICES Purple offers its guests numerous exclusive services to make their stay even more enjoyable: international buffet breakfast with a vast selection of sweets, jams, cheeses cold cuts and other snacks, outdoor parking, transfer to and from Naples airport, dinner service upon request, tour reservations for Herculaneum and Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and wonderful spots on the Sorrento Peninsula, boat trips to Capri and Isola dei Galli. ROOMS The B&B Purple has very large bright rooms, furnished with taste and simplicity: dark wood furniture with clean lines, light upholstery, floors covered with antique terra cotta tiles. The rooms all have heating, air conditioning and television. Different types are available to meet all needs: singles, double, triples and quads, with internal or external private bath or shared bathroom. Most of the rooms have sea view, while some look onto the peaceful garden which surrounds the residence. SERVICES INCLUDED All rooms include: Free WiFi, Hair dryer and Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Purple reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Salvo Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Purple Italy/Province Of Naples