“Great atmosphere and service”

Ranked #43 of 380 Restaurants in Sanremo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean & fusion restaurant - fine sushi - lounge & cocktail bar - disco club - narghile / shisha
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This restaurant features hip style on the waterfront. The interior is decorated in soft purples with lots of interesting touches including lamps sculpted to look like shapely women. You are welcomed with a complimentary glass of prosseco. The food quality was excellent, especially the spaghetti alle frutti de mare which comes chock-a-block full of a variety of seafood including a large langostino dramatically posed with its claws behind its back. The wine list is extensive and the prices reasonable. We expected to pay a lot more given the upscale vibe and were pleasantly surprised that a great meal can be had here for a a good value.

Previous reviews mention poor service but that was not at all our experience. The wait staff were attentive and kept things coming at a pleasant pace. We would recommend Victory without hesitation.

VictoryMorganaBay, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Victory Morgana Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks thanks thanks ! Proud and happy about this review! Looking to improve and grow more and more, we hope to see you again soon!
Thank you again...

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This place has a wonderful view and great aperitivos although on the expensive side. Unfortunately, after several visits, I am compelled to write a review about the awful service. Waiting for 20 minutes after asking for the check and then another 15 to get change is unacceptable in a busy restaurant and unforgivable in one that is nowhere near capacity. Truly too bad, but when my wife is standing up rocking a 2 year old right in front of the bar and we cannot even get a waiter or bar tender to look in our direction, there is really no reason to come back. Ill enjoy the view of the sea from my flat and make my own drinks.

1  Thank Nate B
Reviewed 8 March 2018

This was the second time that I have been to Victory Morgana Bay and the second time that I have been impressed with the decor, the location, and the vibe.

Regrettably it was also the second time that I have been disappointed with the service.

The bar staff are great and friendly, but the waiting staff seem to be overworked and they certainly let you know. Huffing and puffing, hardly a smile, you real feel like you are being a nuisance to them.

For only the second time in my life (I am 52 and eat out 2 - 3 times a week) I had to send a plate back. It was Shitake mushrooms that tasted very strange indeed and were quite rubbery. Rather than just not eating them I thought it was best to let the chef know for the wellbeing of the other guests. The waitress came back and told me that she had spoken to the Chef over the phone and he told her that Shitake mushrooms are always like that.

That's OK then.

When my bill arrived I noticed that they had not charged me for two glasses of Prosecco I had drunk at the bar prior to moving on to my table. They knocked €2 off the €12 bar bill but even then did not have the decency to thank me for my honesty.

In summary: Wonderful location and I would absolutely recommend going there for a drink and aperitivi. The food is mediocre at best though, the service is just bad, and the Chef needs to take enough pride in his profession to check out complaints in person rather than dismissing them over the telephone.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Great sushi. Beautiful view. Friendly staff. Super cool restaurant and great vibe. We had the sushi boat and it was a very nice quality. It’s not cheap sushi nor is it overpriced. They seemed to have a happy hour section that was very popular.

Thank you very much for your review!
We are happy ...
we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice location with lounge music.
Very good choice of food and wines
Top aperitive and special events

VictoryMorganaBay, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Victory Morgana Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you again...