All reviewslake gardamain mealcoach tripsingle roomenjoyed my staycourse mealverona
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stayed here for 3 days while on a (terrible) seven cities tour, This hotel was nice clean and confortable. The staff were lovely they were polite and attentive. The meals were adequate but very basic. The breakfast was continental and the evening meal consisted of a starter, main meal served plated and a very good desert selection.
This hotel is very clean and comfortable. The hotel has a pool very shallow but I did not have time to take advantage of this. The centre is about a 20 minute walk away, a taxi costs 7.50 euros each way very expensive we thought.
The lake was no where in sight but the view behind the hotel of the Dolamite mountains is breathtaking.

• Stayed: May 2010
4  Thank Dawncouk
Reviewed 1 November 2009

stayed here for 6 nights half board food was OK. Dinner was served plated at the table with average size portions, breakfast was self service cereal, cheese, cooked meats and boilded eggs with bread, jam and butter. One night we had a vocalist who gave good enterainment at the weekly garla dinner otherwise hotel fairly dead no music in the bar. Clean towels, soaps and shower gel were given each day. The room that we had was very cold although several people were either too hot or too cold but the heating was turned on in our room after there were several complaints of the cold. 20 minutes walk along the main busy road into the main town of Riva, taxi cost 7.50 euros. Drinks at the hotel were priced the same as the town although we were charged different prices for the same drink. A pint of beer and a small baileys cost 7 euros one night and then 7.50 euros the following night.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank abriNorthWestUk
Reviewed 10 October 2009

All of my holidays are budget holidays and therefore I never expect to stay in a palace. I expect to get what I pay for. I did get a little worried after reading a lot of the comments on here, but am glad to say that I needn't have worried at all. Of all of the many small budget hotels I've stayed at, this is by far one of the best. Yes, the rooms are not greatly sound proofed, but I've yet to stay at a hotel where I've not experienced some degree of noise from adjoining rooms. It's the luck of the draw as to how considerate those in the rooms next to you are. I was lucky that my "neighbours" were not too bad. I stayed in room 313 which was a small double room, but as I travelled alone I did not find the room size a problem. (I was told by a fellow guest that the twin rooms are a good size). The bed was fairly comfy, if a little too firm for my preference. The bathroom was not a bad size and was kept spotless. My room did not have a balcony, a lot of the larger rooms did. It would have been nice but then again I did not have the best view and I've never before had a balcony when staying in small budget places like this. And at the end of the day, I don't go on holiday to spend my time staying in my room. If I hadn't have had a packed itinerary, and did feel the need to just sit around the hotel to have a day to relax, they have a decent sized pool and plenty of seating around it. I did venture into the pool once but it was absolutely freezing. It had however been a cloudy (but warm) day. I was told that the water was a bit warmer the previous day when the sun had been out but I don't know how much warmer! As for the hotel food, the breakfast is quite basic, the usual continental buffet breakfast - cereal, yoghurt, rolls, jams, eggs, meat and cheese. I'm not a breakfast person so it was sufficient for me. At breakfast you are given that night's dinner menu and you have a choice of one of 3 starters and one of 3 main courses. You tick your choice and leave it on your table (which is allocated at the beginning of your stay). The food was always hot and tasty, if simple. Again, I went budget and did not expect a 5 star meal. That said, I found the food to be far better than most other budget hotels I've stayed at. I thought some of the desserts were lovely (you have a choice of 2 or a fruit salad). The waiters and staff were friendly and accommodating. Finally, as for the location, there was not too much nearby, a Lidl across the road and a couple of minutes to the left (ideal for getting your water and the odd snack - very very cheap), a couple of cafe/bars over the road and to the right, and an ice cream parlour which unfortunately I never got around to trying! A taxi to the lake front is about 8 euros if you can't manage the 20 or so minute walk - you can always share with fellow guests and split the cost.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
10  Thank WishfulThinking72
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, it is very basic with very small bedrooms, tiny beds and no air conditioning. When I asked about this, a member of staff said it would be on the next day as it it was in the middle of being repaired. Guess what it never happened all the time we were there. The food was very limited and unimaginative not quite 1960's boarding house standard. The noise from the road was relentless with a brief repite between 2am and 4am, hence we didn't get much sleep especially as our room overlooked the road. We were also told by our rep that the hotel was only a 15 min walk from the centre of Riva, it's definitely more like 25min. We always had a headache after this roadside walk which we put down to the fumes of the traffic, it was horrendous. Staying at this hotel was more like a sentence than a holiday and we couldn't wait to get home. Even though the weather was not on our side either, I feel that staying in a hotel with better facilities and better located would have helped lift our spirits.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank discovererTingley
Reviewed 10 September 2009

After many weeks of wondering whether to take this trip to riva after reading the hotel reviews,we decided to go and see for ourselves . I was worried for nothing ,the hotel is first class and great value for money as this area of italy is very expensive . The food is very good with wonderful pasta starters that are as big as a main dish. breakfast is good and staff are very helpfull , just ask if you want anything different . The drinks were cheaper in the hotel than outside we found . As with previous review the gala night was wonderful and the staff really seemed to enjoy what they did .The pool was the icing on the cake,we found it very relaxing .Our room was a little small but very comfortable and good free air con ,not all rooms are small ,my brother and sister in law next door had a larger room just as comfy and some we saw were even larger .the tv lounge is very nice . Riva is about a 15 min walk ,it can be a bit far if you have walking problems but you can get a taxi back and its all on the flat Please dont listen to the bad reviews just go and see for yourself we did and had a great time .

• Stayed: August 2009