“Excellent-impeccable service ”
Review of Restel De Fer

Restel De Fer
Reserve with
Restel De Fer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 34 - US$ 74
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and winery 'Restel de Fer', founded and run by the Family Meneghelli for more than 50 years. Here you will find fresh homemade pasta, Gardalake fish, quality meat, cold cuts and local cheeses, fruit and vegetables in season. You can also enjoy selected Italian wines.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is well worth a visit simply for the impeccable service. I have never experienced such friendly yet professional service and likely will never again. They are offer excellent explanations of wine, the selection of olive oils they provide, and the preparation of all dishes if requested. We ordered a selection of fish from lake Garda to start and each preparation was explained in detail when presented at our table.
They are proud to offer local and fresh food and wine from the region and many organic options.
We ordered the selection of Lake Garda fish to start - if you love food and trying different and local dishes this is a must.
The duck pasta was exceptional and perfectly al dente. The trout filet cooked sous vide was delicate in texture and flavour. Subtle but beautiful. Finally we had the apple strudel for dessert - excellent as well and demonstrates the German influences on this Northern Italian region.
If you love eating local dishes and appreciate exceptional service from another era try Restel de fer ❤️

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Best meal of our entire trip & what a perfect setting! Very old fashioned but clean & classy & simply stunning in every way! The service was wonderful, I had fish ravioli & my husband had beef and both were simply perfect. Deserts were also perfect! We had the most delicious white wine I had ever tasted, I am not a wine buff but I know I like fruity white wine & this was just magic - had almost a pear taste... I asked the waitress for something sweet & fruity from their local wines that they do by the glass.. I feel like it began with an R but I could be wrong... Anybody help there?! Haha! Anyway it was AMAZING!! Service was so classy from the entire team & I would HIGHLY recommend this place! You do need to book ahead though :-)

1  Thank Rolexa89
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

TripAdvisor keeps sending me emails encouraging me to write just two more reviews in order to attain “the next level.” Now I quite like writing reviews for TA, which is just as well because I have no idea what privileges are conferred on me once that next summit is scaled. At least my dad used to come home with a set of whisky tumblers after he’d spent ten quid on petrol. Perhaps I’m being unfair and a fat deck of Luncheon Vouchers with my name on it is sat, gathering dust, in a pending tray somewhere in TA’s Upgrade department. So it is in hope, not expectation, that I begin my final ascent.

Riva del Garda is a stunningly beautiful place, peppered predictably with many predictable pasta ‘n’ pizza restaurants. Nothing wrong with that and there are many really good ones. Finding something a bit more original is a bit harder especially if, like Restel de Fer, you’re situated not in one of the beautiful piazzas but in a residential street of nondescript modern houses and apartments.

The restaurant is neither modern nor nondescript. The eponymous iron gates front a sturdy, labyrinthine old stone house with some fabulous nooks and crannies that the maître d’ will show you should you express interest. The restaurant itself is in a large conservatory/orangery and has a lovely, quaint and rather old-fashioned feel to it. The head waiter is resplendent in black tie, offset by a more casual maître d’ who could, I suspect, spend the entire evening explaining the local provenance of every single ingredient. The passion is evident.

This passion also shows itself in the food. Breads were original and tasty and the trout carpaccio was a delight. Fifi and I both chose meat options and both - pork fillet wrapped in prosciutto and steak - were cooked Sous Vide over several hours before hitting the pan at the last minute. The result was gorgeous, with a minimal amount of vegetables that allowed the main event to stand out as it deserved.

It’s not a raucous venue, the food, setting and old-world style and manners is what you go for.

Wines by the glass are lovely but check for freshness and don’t be afraid to ask for another: they won’t get upset.

1  Thank Hubdub39
Reviewed 24 August 2018

This restaurant is off the beaten track and is definitely a bit different. It is quite old fashioned, and the staff were really pleasant and attentive throughout the meal. All the food was described and explained enthusiastically as it was served and it was all tasty. It was a relaxing evening.

Locandaresteldefer, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Restel De Fer, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Many Thank's Mr. Pat for Visting us and for you kindly review.
Best Regards.

M.A.Meneghelli

Locanda Restel de Fer

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Family run, passionate about local produce, warm and welcoming and reasonably priced, we were so fortunate to have chosen dinner here. Went to a number of other local restaurants but after visiting here, they felt very geared to tourists.

Thoroughly recommended.

Many Thank's Mr. Simon for visiting Us and for your kindly review.

M.A.Meneghelli