“Nice room with even nice hosts”
Review of B&B Cantarelli

B&B Cantarelli
Ranked #1 of 28 Reggio Emilia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Canterelli B&B during our honeymoon tour of Italy. Alberto and his wife were very gracious hosts. The room was a nice size with a little fridge, desk and king sized bed. The bathroom is located on a little loft upstairs, where the ceilings are a little low, but not a real issue once you get used to navigating. For breakfast, Alberto brings you a tray of croissants, jams, juice and coffee of your choice. All were quite delicious and enjoyable. Alberto and his wife were extremely friendly and more than happy to make a recommendation for dinning. Overall enjoyable stay and would recommend for any non-high maintenance traveler.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Angels couldn't have directed us to a more perfect spot for our first night in Italy! Signor Cantarelli genuinely wanted us to have a fantastic time, and made every possible arrangement for that to happen. He picked us up at the train station upon our arrival, gave us a brief auto tour of the town, pointing out the various sites and venues to visit, settled us into our absolutely, charming room(unbelievably clean)3rd floor room. We were really quite sorry that we had made Reggio a stop-over, and only booked the room for 1 night -- the space was so comfortable and there were plenty of sites to explore --particularly the restaurants. Speaking of restaurants, Signor Cantarelli, once again waived his magic wand, securing dinner reservations at Trattoria Carbone. It was obvious my husband and I were more than travel weary. He suggested a plan for us to stroll the main street, have an antipasti, and relax while waiting for the dining hour to arrive. This staved off our hunger (while easing us into the culture) so that we could fully enjoy one the best meals of our lives. Truly! Somehow, Alberto senses just what one needs and the delivery is perfectly magic! Our breakfast was a real treat, and was more than satisfying. Our first visit to Italy won't be our last. B & B Cantarelli is on our "bucket list". And I have already referred friends to his business. On our ride from the train station, Signor Cantaelli asked why we chose his place. After stamerring in horrid Italian, I gave up and pointed to my stomach saying, "Women's instinct. Intuition." My husband and I chuckle at that moment because it's amazingly true. My intuition has never failed -- There couldn't have been a better choice! The Best to You, Signor Cantarelli -- the Very Best!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ravellinggrace
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Cantarelli Bed and Breakfast is conveniently and centrally located, offering tastefully decorated rooms with a wonderful host. After a series of travel disasters - lost luggage, delayed flights, missed trains - we truly appreciated the warm welcome from Signor Alberto who picked us up from the train station on a rainy night. He followed this up by several phone calls on our behalf to trace and arrange delivery of our luggage.We stayed in the mezzanine room so remember to duck below the rafters at the top of the stairs. Breakfast in bed was an unexpected luxury. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I stayed in a single room for 4 nights whilst studying at the Loris Malaguzzi Centre. The single room was lovely and the bed was very comfortable bearing in mind i had not slept in a single bed for i dont know how long! The room and bathroom were very clean and towels changed eveyday. I was very happy with my choice after reading the comments on here. Sig. Cantarelli is very friendly and hospitable. The breakfast was lovely and was brought to my room...what luxury. The position is excellent for exploring the city and i would recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I had a wonderful time ( more then 1 month 11/12 - 2010) in B&B Cantarelli. The location was perfect, the room very clean and comfortable & breakfast was fantastic. The hospitality extended to me was amazing and I can reccomend this highly to anyone wishing to spent some time in Refggio Emilia. A big thank you Mr. Cantarelli, may you continue to have much success, all the bes. Grazie Mille! Lidia

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business