All reviews infinity pool pool restaurant complimentary boat trip piano bar amalfi coast rose petals concierge staff beautiful hotel private garden complimentary shuttle pool staff pool side exceptional hotel bucket list best pizza upgraded to a suite our honeymoon
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The best of the best hotel ! Everything from the staff to the food to the cocktails to the accommodations everything was first class!!! I will return, this was one of my most favorite hotels ! I can’t wait to return!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Laurie B
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Laurie B,

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful comment on Tripadvisor.

What a pleasure to hear that Belmond Hotel Caruso is one of your most favourite hotels and that you appreciated everything about your stay.

We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We did a tour of Italy starting 3 nights at the Belmond Hotel Splendido in Portofino, 3 nights at the Belmond Villa San Michele in Florence & the last 3 nights at the Belmond Hotel Caruso Amalfi Coast. What an amazing journey all throughout Italy, but this hotel was our favorite. From arrival, to checking in, to the awesome 3 story room, to the wonderful staff, to the young man who drove us to the Naples Airport. You made our 20 year wedding anniversary complete. Food was awesome, views were awesome, location was awesome. Our last night there we sat at the bar an had a wonderful experience with Giovanni Nolfi. He made sure the cocktails we order were made with care. He explained he process when making the special cocktail called Autumn in Ravello (which was awesome) and the different fruits they use. He was so pleasant and wonderful. He told us he was from Salerno Italy. Enza i believe the cocktail waitress was great too. The entire staff was great, and it is one vacation we will never forget and always remember. Thank you Giovanni & the entire Belmond Staff......

Room tip: ROOM 209 had a roof top balcony!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mjmwv1
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear mjmwv1,

On behalf of the entire team and in particular of the persons you mentioned I wish to thank you for sharing your amazing review on Tripadvisor.

What an honour to read all your wonderful words you found for your stay and Belmond Hotel Caruso and we all can’t wait to welcome you back to pamper you.

Kindest regards from Ravello

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This really is The Place to stay on the amalfi Coast. We have stayed in a number of Belmond Hotels and have never been disappointed. This one is no exception. The position is fantastic at the top of Ravello and the property winds its way down the hill with many bedrooms below reception. We pushed the boat out and had a deluxe sea view room with its own little patio and lawn area. Very private and secluded with Jaw dropping views of the coast. There was a complimentary bottle of Prosecco for us on arrival and all the amenities you would expect from a 5* plus hotel. The restaurant was good (Will review separately) and breakfast excellent. I think the swimming poo is one of the finest ver, an infinity pool at the top of the hotel surrounded by lovely grounds and a wonderful pergola leading up to it. Magnificent. The staff were, for the most part, well trained and excellent. There is a complimentary mini bus from Amalfi and Positano which is very helpful. The hotel staff even called us when we were not at the Positano bus stop in case we were lost (Were in fact in Amalfi as we had taken the boat from Positano). Overall a lovely stay and can't wait to go back.

Room tip: We had room 37. Cannot imagine there can be many better hotel rooms on the Amalfi Coast but is was €750 a night.
2  Thank RichardVUK

Dear RichardVUK,

On behalf of the entire team I wish to thank you for your beautiful feedback shared on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to learn that you had such a fantastic experience at Belmond Hotel Caruso and that you appreciated all aspects of your stay.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to Ravello.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and I recently stayed at this extraordinary hotel from October 12th to October 18th. The Caruso is definitely a hotel of dreams, maybe one of the top hotel properties in the world. Both my wife and I have stayed in exceptional hotels around the world over the years, but none tops the Caruso. The extraordinary view of the coastal cliffs and the Mediterranean from our widow was something that we'll never forget. The wonderful and caring staff in all parts of the hotel was terrific. The dining was excellent and the restaurant staff was familiar not only with our names, but pointed out what we might like on the menu based on our prior choices. The cuisine was of exceptional quality with the freshest ingredients that were cooked with exceptional skill to make beautiful and and wonderfully tasty dishes. The concierge arranged a local trip for us to Capri that was absolutely terrific. The gardens and the grounds were beautifully tended, and the pool is exceptional, seamlessly looking out over the sea below. We go lots of places, but this was a hotel stay of a lifetime. Candidly, the Caruso is pricey, but if you can mange it, the experience is singular in every way.

Room tip: The very best rooms are suites and quite costly, but wonderful in every way.
1  Thank stanleybstein

Dear stanleybstein,

Thank you so much for writing your amazing review on Tripadvisor.

I am very honoured to read your word full of praise for Belmond Hotel Caruso and I couldn’t be happier to hear that you had such a wonderful experience.

My team and I would be pleased to welcome you back soon to Ravello.

Warm regards

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stunning hotel, amazing staff and service, wonderful cuisine. Incredible attention to detail. I did not want to leave. We came here to celebrate my husbands birthday and it was so magical and amazing we did not want to leave. Probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in. I can't say enough good things about this property. The stuff that dreams are made of. We will definitely be back. Truly spectacular. Over the top luxury.

Room tip: They are all amazing.
2  Thank Sophia523144

Dear Sophia523144,

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful comment on Tripadvisor.

What a pleasure to learn that you such a magical stay at Belmond Hotel Caruso and that you felt like in a dream!

We all do hope to welcome you back soon for another unforgettable experience.

Best regards