US$ 274
Hotel Rufolo(Ravello)
US$ 303
US$ 286
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 350/night.

Villa Amore(Ravello)
US$ 210
US$ 198
US$ 268
US$ 179
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 219/night.

Torre dello Ziro(Ravello)(Great Value!)
US$ 147
US$ 217
US$ 205
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 240/night.

US$ 369
US$ 274
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 324/night.

US$ 350
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 477/night.

Toro Hotel(Ravello)
US$ 154
US$ 143
US$ 1,449
US$ 1,398
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 1,579/night.

All reviewsinfinity terracemichelin staramalfi coastopen to the publicfairy taleyour luggagedream weddingonce in a lifetimehotel guestsour honeymoongorgeous gardensbeautiful placefavorite hotela special placedream come trueluxury hotelpool area is
Reviewed 31 August 2015

From the moment we walked through the giant doors we we taken aback by the beauty and grace of this property.Our room , The Greta Garbo suite, was beautiful, very large and the views from the balcony were unbelievable. The pool was relaxing and the staff was very friendly. We took a short walk through charming winding narrow streets into town for some excellent pizza. Quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

It wouldn't surprise me if Belinda Carlisle had been to Villa Cimbrone before writing her song, because she would be just one of many famous artists, writers and musicians who have been inspired by this place. I am not famous myself but I was completely inspired too. Where to begin...

The staff - even before my arrival, Lidia was incredibly helpful with the booking, answering my questions and arranging the arrival perfectly. But it just got better from there. Each member of staff was a real individual with warmth, friendliness and engaging conversation - not stuffy, just very very good at their jobs. They'd thought of me even before I'd asked for help, like booking taxis, moving suitcases, morning papers - this is a place where they really couldn't do more for you. The reception staff deserve special praise along with Vincenzo at the pool, who was fantastic, and the porter who let me in every night and also when I was locked out on the terrace watching fireworks! This all made it feel like a little family staying at the hotel (with only 19 rooms) and I had a great time with some of the other guests who were playing piano in the bar, painting pictures, chatting by the pool...incredible. We're still in touch after leaving.

The rooms - I was lucky enough to stay in two rooms. First I had the single overlooking the cloister, which I expected to be cramped and noisy. It was anything but. It's a perfect size for one, with a decent sized bathroom and the great view over the cloister. The second room with a sea view was very very special, it was hard to tear myself away from the window. The open guest rooms are beautiful and filled with old furniture - again I felt very lucky to be able to 'live' in them for a few days.

Location - a quiet corner of the small town of Ravello, the steps to the centre and back (about 7 mins) became part of a lovely daily routine. The views along the way are fantastic, especially just as you walk up to the archway entrance to villa Cimbrone. You can walk down to Amalfi (pretty steep, about an hour) or the buses run regularly from the other side of the tunnel into Ravello, from there you can get anywhere along the Amalfi Coast. Taxi to Naples took 45 mins.

The gardens - the terrace of infinity was every bit as good as I hoped and is spectacular at all times of the day; by staying here you can experience it in all lights. The views from all around the different parts of the garden are unforgettable. I don't think August was the optimum time for flowers, but the beauty of the layout and statues could still be admired.

The pool - perfect temperature to cool off, deep and big enough for a good swim. Plus a bubble jet corner after a hard day's sunbathing. The prosecco, olives and nuts from Vincenzo during the afternoon were also a lovely touch.

Food - a perfect selection of hot and cold food, fresh fruit, breads and jams, fruit juices for breakfast. Eating out on the terrace started off the day in heaven nicely. The restaurant at dinner was magical for a special meal (see other review) but most nights I went to Mimi's which was 5 mins away for the best pizza. Lunch by the pool at the hotel (under the terrace) was also very good.

I had tears in my eyes on the final walk from the Villa to town, not because I was sad to go home (I wasn't, I was going on to stay in Lake Maggiore) but because I was leaving those views, the staff, the guests, the rooms behind. It felt like a 'once in a lifetime' trip that I hope isn't just once. I would love to return - in the meantime it's just good to know that heaven really exists.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We got married in Villa Cimbrone in August and stayed a few days there afterwards.

The hotel itself is surrounded by beautiful gardens and is in my opinion the best hotel in Ravello. Rooms have a very special italian style and many of them (like our junior suite) have great sea views.

The pool is located directly next to the hotel and was never busy. You will have also a great sea view from there.

The staff was friendly and helpful throughout.

If you organise your wedding there, hotel staff will be helpful to organize your event to perfection. The dining and dancing room is just "stunning" and I only heard great feedback of our guests re/ the location. Food was great throughout. Simply said, for us it was the "perfect" wedding at the perfect venue.

If I really try to find any criticism - breakfast selection could be a bit better (which is in this case a really minor issue) and the pool could be slightly warmer.

As a recommendation, dont book the cheapest room as these are rather small, as one of our guests did. If you like to get married there, book it approx 1,5 years in advance to get your preferred date.

We can strongly recommend this hotel and wedding venue.

Room Tip: Don't book the cheapest room - small and without any view.
4  Thank Daniel1601
Reviewed 23 August 2015

We are coming to this place since more than twenty years and discovered the last few years more and more a detoriation of service and quality, see also earlier comments. The hotel hast been occupied by the wedding business, so that the individual traveller has no choice to enjoy his
stay at this place anymore. After we booked a suite for four days for an substancial amount, we were that there is no Restaurant service in the evening for the whole time of our stay. When we arrived the denied even lunch. This is not only against all legal rules of the italian hotelbusiness, it is customer cheating. In line with this development there are may other problems like lack of waiter service, some room problems and other little service items which confirms our impression that this once top rated hotel lost it's soul and serviceability.
Peter Titz Zug/Switzerland

8  Thank colome
jackfly35, Direttore generale at Villa Cimbrone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Dear Mr Titz
Thank you for your comments of our hotel and for taking the time to write the review. I'm really sorry for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay with us, even more so because it is from a devote Guest who has patronized the Villa for the years past.

I must say though that it is from our old Customers and Friends, who know us well and know of the hard work, attention to details, of the passion that we infuse every day in our business, that we expect comments, reproaches, suggestions or compliments, but directly and face to face .

Unfortunately, despite you had benefited from a preferential treatment to compensate for small inadequacy due to the preparation of a major international event and despite having had a meeting with our manager, you have preferred to entrust your complaints to this particular and damaging medium, also claiming of some happenings that are unfortunately untrue.

Our hotel has always been recognized and appreciated (including by you) for the very high standards of service. We always guarantee the restaurant service, even outside the standard hours of operation and, when our gourmet Michelin star restaurant is temporarily unavailable (this is the episode which you refer to when you speaks of “that there is no Restaurant service” and, as you are a fan of "The Pan’s Flute" I can understand your disappointment and for that I apologize) we still serve local dishes to our guests; a variety of pasta from Gragnano, gnocchi, risotto, grilled fresh fish, (even baked or steamed), lamb and a variety of meats, but also buffalo mozzarella, local cheeses and salads, vegetables mostly from our organic garden, traditional desserts, etc.,these dishes are always made available to our guests. I doubt that there would have been such a lack of service to your table, we proud ourselves to have professional staff and no customer has ever complained for this type of misservice which you claim to have suffered.

For what concern the disruption you have suffered in the room, had these been properly reported to the head of reception or the manager on duty I am sure that they would have been immediately tackled and solved.

As you have always been accustomed to experience the Villa with few other guests, in a different relaxing environment, having caught the Villa in one of the moments of greatest tension and work might have not given you such a positive feeling and for this I'm sorry.

Remember that in addition to a hotel, Villa Cimbrone is a monumental site, a UNESCO heritage site I might add, and as such it needs a great amount economic resources which we have always found independently. But believe you me, this place will never lose its "soul".

I am inviting you so to be able to enjoy the extraordinary atmosphere that we are always able to transfer to our Guests, not only in August, but even more in April, May or June, when the temperatures are more pleasant and the overpowering scent of flowers surrounds the park.

We shall be waiting for you.

Best regards
Giorgio Vuilleumier

Reviewed 19 August 2015

It was our first stop for honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. The property is absolutely beautiful and the gardens are just stunning. Even in mid August while the whole Italy is resting the place wasn't that busy. We stayed for 3 days and it felt that we were alsmost on private villa. The hotel only has 18 rooms, and I guess not all were occupied as we check-in straight after the big wedding. As for facilities: the swimming pool is fantastic, we also loved our room with seas view that hotel upgreded us to. We had the dinner at Pan de Flaute - highly recommended. All in all we would definately be back. The only downside is that hotel is 15 minutes walk from the centre that might be difficult for kids and elder people.

Room Tip: take the seaview one
2  Thank MashaB