“Great experience!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Booked ahead by phone and although Gennaro looked surprised to see us, a table was quickly set up for us at the entrance with a great view and welcome breeze.

We had both fish and meat at our table and was stunned when my boy were given a steak as starter. Perfectly seasoned, cooked to perfection and the clean plates told there own story. The fillet of sea bass was also perfect. Next was our pasta dish, boys with meat ragu which I'm told was magnificent... not a spoonful came my way!! The fish pasta was beautiful, clams, mussels, langoustine and perfect al dente pasta. We chose the icy cold white wine and enjoyed a second bottle. Mixed plate of dessert with limoncello finished the meal perfectly.

This was a one man show and boy was it impressive. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Website says open til 1.30 - rude staff turned us away even though they were very much open. What an awful place.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Where does one begin! What a taste bud explosion. The food is delicious. There is no word can describe the amazing flavours. An engaging owner, the food. The service and the local wines create a fusion of gastronomic delight.
I would highly recommend this stunning Restuaran in Praiano.
Love love the experience of authentic Italian food
The service is warm and well coming.
I feel as though I am in Nona's kitchen
My taste buds are doing moon damces on my tongue
Yum yum

1  Thank FionaAngelico
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

This would possibly be the rudest person I have ever encountered in my travels. Unbeknownst to my wife and I, we were walking past looking for somewhere to eat, and this had some nice smells coming from inside, so we said let's try here. Mistake.
We stood in the doorway waiting to be seated and no one came, so we proceeded inside this small establishment and sat at a table for two in the corner. Something didn't feel right, as there were people in the restaurant starring at us. What seemed like forever a guy comes over to the table and says, "can I help you", yes can we see the menu. His response was "you sat at my table and you have unfolded my napkin, we have no menu, it's meat or fish, red or white wine". Wow...meanwhile everyone was looking in our direction. Sorry I wasn't in the know! Did I miss something, clearly. I sat for a bit and processed what happened and stood up and said to my wife, I am not staying as he was so insulting and rude, and I walked out. My wife was not by my side as she had confronted the owner and she gave him a mouth full in front of some Aust men sitting at the front, and he appeared embarrassed, as he should.
He may have a hip in the know little place in a beautiful location, but it's no excuse to treat his livelihood, paying customers like S_IT!!!!

3  Thank scott k
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Eat here a couple of weeks ago and we were not disappointed, the chap who runs this is waiter, bar and chef, no menu just chose between fish and meat and white and red wine fantastic food and a lovely evening, gets busy so need to book definately a must visit in Praiano

1  Thank Suzanne W